#121 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4023 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted 21 October 2021 - 10:35

I am going to tackle the big bedroom category today. Definitely. A bit later. The Vax is already in there so I only need to move a few things, and I'm only doing it with plain water as it's still soapy from all the post-fostering vaxing that it had. Definitely doing it. A bit later.

#122 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4023 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 12:24

I did it! It was filthy.

#123 Norway

Norway

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5735 posts
  • Member: 452922

Posted 21 October 2021 - 14:00

Well done Banjogirl! I've just returned from trundling a load of books in a plastic container on wheels to the Oxfam shop - two wheels fell off, and then an off duty prison officer took pity on me and helped me carry it. Hurrah! 80 books less in the last 3 days, one ordered to fill info gap (British cattle breeds) - quality of library much improved and now I know what's there. :)

#124 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4023 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 15:29

Well done!

#125 Catey

Catey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Member: 71060

Posted Yesterday, 09:00

Plan written as to what needs decluttering! Probably tried to put too many rooms on the list for one half term holiday though! 

Our bedroom is cleaned and furniture moved around into much more pleasing positions. Big pile of old kids clothes to be sorted into charity / sell / bin today. Going to go through my wardrobe to see what can be sorted from there.  Off to b&q later to get a new light shade and a decent bulb for the main light (we get more light from the street lamp outside). It felt lovely to wake up in a calm environment. 

This decluttering thread is great for making me focus!

#126 Norway

Norway

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5735 posts
  • Member: 452922

Posted Yesterday, 10:06

Great stuff Catey - have fun at B and Q! I struggled with motivation this week due to hitting some mind numbing box files full of technical info, but am getting there - I kept repeating Badstrad's saying to myself "Don't be afraid of moving slowly, be afraid of standing still". Thanks Badstrad. :)

#127 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6980 posts
  • Member: 3747
  • Suburbia

Posted Yesterday, 10:24

Great stuff Catey - have fun at B and Q! I struggled with motivation this week due to hitting some mind numbing box files full of technical info, but am getting there - I kept repeating Badstrad's saying to myself "Don't be afraid of moving slowly, be afraid of standing still". Thanks Badstrad. :)

That's a good saying.

I don't know if anyone watched the 1980s Liverpool based sitcom "Bread", but there was a good saying which I often use to myself.  Billy says "But I don't know where to begin". His ex-wife replies, "It doesn't matter where you begin, just start somewhere"!