Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15419 posts
  • Member: 99
  • Croydon, South London/Surrey

Posted 03 May 2022 - 22:22

I have tried to post this in Viva Voice for two days now, using different browsers, but still no success - so I'm putting it here!

If you use your voice at all in your teaching, you may be interested in an upcoming course.

Former forums member rosfrog is running a 'Vocal Studies' course over three evenings - May 10th, June 7th, July 5th - all from 5.00pm-7.30pm UK time, on Zoom (recorded for those unable to attend live).

Those who have never experienced rosfrog's particular brand of magic - come and be inspired, informed and entertained!   He is an amazing mix of scientist, linguist and musician and is truly one of the most remarkable people I know.

There are two sessions on each evening and the course content will be:

- May 10th - What is a voice? and Breathing for singing

- June 7th - Resonance and Registers

- July 5th - The voice throughout life and Troubleshooting

You can sign up for the whole course (£150) or for a single (or two) evening(s) - £50 per evening.   Even if you want to do the whole course you can pay in instalments of £50.

Forum members who PM me are offered a discount of 10%. 

What's not to like??!!

Allan's availability is somewhat like hens' teeth and we are SO lucky to have secured his services (I think he's booked up fully until 2024  :o ) so don't miss this opportunity!

Even those with prior formal singing training will gain new insights - and for those of us who sing as teachers or amateurs he can give us so much information and assistance.

I know people who have actually discovered their 'authentic' voice after half an hour with Allan -  nd Tenor Viol will testify as to the unexpected realisation he gained after one lesson!

If you'd like any more details or to take advantage of the discount, please PM me as soon as possible.

BOOKINGS CLOSE AT 6PM ON SUNDAY MAY 8TH.

This is extra special as rosfrog was a well-known forums member for some years.

:wub:

#17 Norway

Norway

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6084 posts
  • Member: 452922

Posted 13 May 2022 - 16:21

Submerging the spam.

#18 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15419 posts
  • Member: 99
  • Croydon, South London/Surrey

Posted 16 June 2022 - 21:34

If anyone here is curious about Dalcroze, and how it might help them (both in terms of helping students and of developing one's own musicianship) then please message me.

I'm hosting a Zoom evening (recorded for those unable to attend live) on Wednesday 22nd June, taught by one of the leading Dalcrozians in the UK, Jacqueline Vann :wub: (whose sister just happens to be the Bishop of Monmouth - ARCM, GRSM!).

Jacqueline is lovely, informative and encouraging.

Let me know if you'd like to find out more about the evening.

:)