Barry Williams

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Member: 20603
  • Beddington, Surrey

Posted 20 December 2020 - 12:51

June joins me in sending Seasonal Greetings to all Forum Members In what is going to be, for almost everyone, a very difficult Christmas. 

This year has seen the redundancies of a number of church musicians' posts with all that entails.  That is unprecedented and may well continue into 2021 as churches and other places struggle with the loss of income. 

We hope that the current pandemic will ease as the vaccinations get under way and that some semblance of normality, generally, as well as in music, will occur in 2021.

With every good wish,

Barry (and June) Williams

#2 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18473 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted 20 December 2020 - 14:46

Best wishes to you and your family too, Barry.  And to all others on the Organ forum.

#3 Blackett and Howden

Blackett and Howden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Member: 893066

Posted 27 December 2020 - 20:27

Seasons greetings to you both. And everyone else on the forum.

It’s been a very quiet Christmas for me, my sole contribution being providing accompaniments to O Come All Ye Faithful, and the Darke In The Bleak Midwinter for a virtual choir concert. Was the first time since I started playing the organ that I didn’t have a midnight service to play for on Christmas Eve. I don’t have a church post at the moment, but all my regular dep work has dried up, as could be expected. Who knows what next year will bring, but I will be starting lessons again for the first time since March. When I spoke to my teacher before Christmas he hoped these could be in person (with the proviso that he wouldn’t be allowed in the organ loft with me), but I’ve no idea if the new regulations in Scotland will have changed that. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Happy Christmas