Guitar music

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest: perfectchords2_*

Guest: perfectchords2_*
  • Guests
  • Member: 0

Posted 31 July 2020 - 17:27

Hey all, I am a student who is learning guitar and I would like to your reviews and suggestions on what guides I am using to learn . Because I have recently started to learn I am using a website known as guitaa  and this website shows the chords and how to play it . So I would want your views on whether I should continue the same way or learn in a different approach.

#2 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14738 posts
  • Member: 99
  • Croydon, South London/Surrey

Posted 31 July 2020 - 20:31

Have you considered finding a teacher?

:)

#3 KathyB

KathyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Member: 487205

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:04

You will learn much better if you find a teacher

#4 LoneM

LoneM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Member: 894763

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:40

If you are only learning for fun I expect you can get quite far with online sites. My main instrument is violin but a few years ago I took up the ukulele and have been making very good progress thanks to online sites.

I don’t know how to share links on a phone not but if you google Ukulele Underground Forum, then go to the guitar section there, you should find lots o useful advice and links.

#5 sopsaxharpflute

sopsaxharpflute

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Member: 889297
  • The Netherlands

Posted 01 August 2020 - 17:49

If you like classical guitar and you can't afford a teacher, have a look at all the great stuff you can find at: https://www.thisiscl...online-courses/  (Method 1 is completely free to download, and the other courses are very cheap, but really worthwhile, especially because of all the great video tutorials on them)  and at the forum of https://www.classica...tardelcamp.com/  where everything is completely free, including a well-graded guitar course which will keep you busy for many years. You can even get feedback from your peers if you subscribe without any costs to the online classical guitar courses which start every year in September. You need to really pay attention to the conditions meantioned for participating in the forum.

Even if classical guitar is not what you are really looking for, you would learn great basics that will help you master other styles of guitar playing.

Have fun!

#6 Karensnagsby

Karensnagsby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Member: 888071

Posted 02 August 2020 - 18:38

Hey all, I am a student who is learning guitar and I would like to your reviews and suggestions on what guides I am using to learn . Because I have recently started to learn I am using a website known as guitaa and this website shows the chords and how to play it . So I would want your views on whether I should continue the same way or learn in a different approach.

What kind of guitar music are you hoping to learn? I teach Classical guitar, maybe I could advise?

#7 Karensnagsby

Karensnagsby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Member: 888071

Posted 03 August 2020 - 05:22

Also.... I looked at the website you referenced and to answer your question I would say no it isn’t. It doesn’t tell you anything beyond where the chords are and a vague idea of when to play them. That said, I didn’t look too close!
If your aim is to play popular music on an acoustic, maybe strumming chords, YouTube is full of people teaching that, there’s hundreds of them! Justin guitar is one that springs to mind. If you find someone that zooms in on both left and right hands that would be an advantage.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Guitar, music