Tortellini

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1291 posts
  • Member: 8579
  • Italy

Posted 22 February 2020 - 19:03

Has anyone used this app? I fancied mixing up my piano exercises a bit and thought it looked interesting but it's quite expensive so am looking for some opinions!

#2 BadStrad

BadStrad

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4145 posts
  • Member: 88756

Posted 22 February 2020 - 23:45

Watching the little video - it looks like the main benefit is slowing down the player. The app plays a chord, you play it, it lights up green to show if you are correct. Next chord...

If people practised as slow as they can, not as fast as they can't (play a piece) the app (as demonstrated on the video) would be redundant.

I'd save my money - $20 a month at current exchange rates.

#3 Tortellini

Tortellini

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1291 posts
  • Member: 8579
  • Italy

Posted 23 February 2020 - 09:49

Well I decided to try it anyway as my son wanted to try the beginner's lessons! I like the choice of music and there are quite a few pieces I would like to learn. HOWEVER, I cannot get on with the scrolling music. Maybe it is my age but after looking at the scrolling screen when I look away the whole room starts scrolling!  :blink: Unfortunately you cannot download the music and print it out - which would be great as I could use the app to practise short sections and then use the printed music to refer to for the whole piece. So it's a no. I shouldn't have been so impetuous and should have waited for your reply!