Photo

Can I still access old ABRSM results on the new system?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 aje

aje

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Member: 7146

Posted 23 December 2019 - 12:48

I’ve had several conversations with ABRSM personnel in the last few days, including with a senior director, with a guy who is giving advice to schools on the new system, and with a woman involved on the technical side of the new service.
From those conversations I have gathered the following, although there’s scope for having misunderstood, and I have suggested they offer more advice to teachers urgently.

1. The new entry system will not include information about exams taken up until 2019.

2. That information will remain available on the old entry system for manual download by teachers until around March 2020, at which point that site will be closed.

3. ABRSM assume that private teachers comply with GDPR, including as necessary ICO registration, a published privacy notice, and written consent from pupils/parents for sharing personal data when making exam entries. The new system is predicated on teachers taking responsibility for this.

4. In accordance with their own GDPR policy, ABRSM will not be using people email addresses for marketing purposes unless and until they register as candidates themselves and opt in to marketing emails. When writing or updating our written consent forms or letters, we can give this assurance to candidates.

#32 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6613 posts
  • Member: 3747
  • Suburbia

Posted 23 December 2019 - 13:49

Thanks aje.

I think it is very disappointing that the AB cannot either a) leave our historical results records available for us to search as necessary using old log in, or b) attach the history to our new login (still haven't done mine yet!).  It is useful to have these details because former pupils sometimes need references, or want to check which grade they reached for UCAS forms etc etc.

I'm not a computer whizz, but I'm sure it can't be that difficult to keep the records available somehow.

#33 Piano Meg

Piano Meg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Member: 271350
  • T' North

Posted 23 December 2019 - 22:32

Has everyone seen this?

https://forums.abrsm.org...hat-s-changing/

There's more info on what access the exam candidates can have if we enter their email address (optional) - I found it useful to know that they can access their marks 7 days after the applicant, so we can see how they've done first (no risk that they find out a disappointing result before us) and also that they can go online to change their exam appointment.

#34 ma non troppo

ma non troppo

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1483 posts
  • Member: 76027

Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:14

Piano Meg, I can't open that link. :(

What a mess this seems to be - sadly what we have come to expect from abrsm.

#35 Norway

Norway

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4747 posts
  • Member: 452922

Posted 26 December 2019 - 15:46

I've just seen that they aren't accepting postal entries any more. :o "As a result" of having a new on-line booking system. If this is the case then I'd have to think about whether to continue with them.

#36 Piano Meg

Piano Meg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • T' North

Posted 27 December 2019 - 11:26

Piano Meg, I can't open that link. :(

What a mess this seems to be - sadly what we have come to expect from abrsm.

Sorry about that! I'll try again...

https://forums.abrsm...hat-s-changing/

edit: just tried this link and the above one - they both look the same, but this one seems to be working and the other one not - odd! If this one goes off, I'll put it down to some weird forum link thing!!

edit 2: and now it's not working again! I give up!! search for new for 2020 exams at all venues 

ok, one more go...

https://forums.abrsm.org...hat-s-changing/

#37 ma non troppo

ma non troppo

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1483 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 12:02

I've cut and pasted it:

When you book exams using our new online booking service, we will ask for some new candidate information in addition to the usual name, subject/instrument, grade and any access requirements.

Candidate date of birth – compulsory

When you book an exam for a candidate you’ll need to provide their date of birth. You won’t be able to complete your booking without this information as we need it to identify candidates in our system.
Candidate (parent/carer) email address – optional

You’ll have the option to provide an email address for candidates. This will allow them to set up an account. With an account they can go online to view exam information, change a practical exam appointment at a Public Venue, and access their results and practical mark forms.
Contact ID – provided by us

We’ll provide all candidates with a unique Contact ID, once a booking has been made for them using the new exam booking service. The Contact ID will appear on all future exam information relating to that candidate. It’s important that you keep a note of this for future bookings.
You don’t need to provide a candidate’s Contact ID for their first exam booking using the new online service. For all subsequent bookings you should enter a candidate’s Contact ID every time you book an exam for them.
Using a candidate’s Contact ID every time you book means that we’ll be able to link all their exam bookings together and create an accurate exam history for them. It will also make it quicker and easier for you to book their exams in the future, as the Contact ID will automatically bring up all the candidate details for you.
New candidate account option
Candidates (parents/carers), who are not the exam applicant, have the option to set up their own ABRSM account. With an account they can go online to:

Check exam appointments and venue information.
Search for alternative practical exam slots and change an appointment at Public Venues.
View results, including their digital mark form for practical exams, seven days after we've released them to the exam applicant.

#38 Hildegard

Hildegard

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1154 posts
  • Member: 887389

Posted 27 December 2019 - 12:07

Edit 2: and now it's not working again! I give up!! search for new for 2020 exams at all venues 

ok, one more go...

Your failed link appears to be trying to point to a discussion on this forum (it begins forums.abrsm.org) - is that what you intend, or are you trying to point to a page on the main ABRSM website?

EDIT: I think ma non troppo has found it.

#39 Piano Meg

Piano Meg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • T' North

Posted 27 December 2019 - 15:36

Edit 2: and now it's not working again! I give up!! search for new for 2020 exams at all venues 

ok, one more go...

Your failed link appears to be trying to point to a discussion on this forum (it begins forums.abrsm.org) - is that what you intend, or are you trying to point to a page on the main ABRSM website?

EDIT: I think ma non troppo has found it.

No - when I posted it and immediately afterwards, it didn't have 'forum' in it - it's meant to be a page on the main website - it seems to have mutated by itself! 

Thanks MNT for pasting it. Next time I'll do that and not bother with ABRSM links! Sigh.

#40 ma non troppo

ma non troppo

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1483 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 22:50

Bumped - to get spam off first page. This is an important topic as well!