#106 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2849 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted Yesterday, 15:52

No, though he considered going into the church for a while!

#107 ma non troppo

ma non troppo

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1414 posts
  • Member: 76027

Posted Yesterday, 17:54

Strangely enough, I have a friend who is a vicar, and she sends out a round robin. It is always amusing as her grown up children have had colourful personal lives. I'm always amused by how she manages to very diplomatically skirt around issues such as acrimonious marriage breakdowns and grandchildren being caught smoking joints behind the bike sheds. It's always a highlight of the year to receive it.

#108 Saxwarbler

Saxwarbler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Member: 768786
  • Leicester

Posted Yesterday, 20:35

We (OH and I) have a very good friend who is a recently retired CofE vicar, and we call him our 'irreverent reverend'. He doesn't smoke but he likes a drink, races around on a motorbike and plays a mean blues harmonica/saxophone/bass guitar. Whenever we meet, whatever the company (including my mother's funeral service, where he was officiating - at my request - and with all my aunts and uncles in attendance) he greets me by throwing his arms around me, giving me a big kiss and asking me to marry him. He knows I'm an athiest but never tries to preach at me. Says it's up to me but if I ever do seek 'a bit of God' then he'll be there to help. Now, that's the type of vicar I like.

#109 Splog

Splog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3360 posts
  • Member: 460379

Posted Yesterday, 21:48

Strangely enough, I have a friend who is a vicar, and she sends out a round robin. It is always amusing as her grown up children have had colourful personal lives. I'm always amused by how she manages to very diplomatically skirt around issues such as acrimonious marriage breakdowns and grandchildren being caught smoking joints behind the bike sheds. It's always a highlight of the year to receive it.

That's hilarious! Almost tempted to send one of those.....