#1 adultpianist

adultpianist

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts
  • Member: 888829

Posted 24 November 2019 - 22:12

Is it possible to get music scores that are made in larger print for people who have difficulty seeing normal print scores?  You can get large print books but I wonder if you can get large print music scores

#2 thara96

thara96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Member: 898080
  • UK

Posted 24 November 2019 - 22:23

Have you visited a music shop? They can help.

#3 zwhe

zwhe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Member: 898658

Posted 24 November 2019 - 22:27

Have you visited a music shop? They can help.

I doubt that very much - most shops only sell a few of the most popular books!

The RNIB have resorces, including music, in large print.

#4 BadStrad

BadStrad

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4082 posts
  • Member: 88756

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:02

RNIB could have something, otherwise scanning into a notation programme and selectively enlarging would probably be the best bet. Not ideal but better than nothing.

Lighting makes a difference so maybe using a tablet computer to display the music could help.

A link here to the RNIB regarding this issue. https://www.rnib.org...-stave-notation

#5 Gran'piano

Gran'piano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Member: 899443

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:49

This is a fantastic link. An Aladin's cave of information on the difficulty of reading scores for anyone with even minor visual problems. Thank you so much for putting it in.

#6 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2881 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:30

I got a book of piano standards in large print for my dad. It was one of only a very few there seemed to be.

#7 Gran'piano

Gran'piano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Member: 899443

Posted 25 November 2019 - 09:43

RNIB could have something, otherwise scanning into a notation programme and selectively enlarging would probably be the best bet. Not ideal but better than nothing.

Lighting makes a difference so maybe using a tablet computer to display the music could help.

A link here to the RNIB regarding this issue. https://www.rnib.org...-stave-notation

I've taken the liberty of putting a link to this post into two other threads which deal with the subject of adult learners and their possible visual difficulties.

#8 BadStrad

BadStrad

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4082 posts
  • Member: 88756

Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:13

I've taken the liberty of putting a link to this post into two other threads which deal with the subject of adult learners and their possible visual difficulties.
Thank you. That was very thoughtful of you. I expect there are many people who struggle with reading standard size scores. Hopefully they will find something useful from the link.