#1 hennylemon

hennylemon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Member: 898652

Posted 27 October 2019 - 20:07

This isn’t something you can help me with really, but I would just like to express my annoyance. I had a piano exam on 19th July but I still haven’t received my feedback sheet or the certificate! To be honest I’m quite ####ed off because the exams aren’t cheap and I really want the feedback. I’m not that bothered about the certificate itself. My teacher has chased it up by ringing the board at least weekly since  the first week of September and they always promise to send it out to her asap (she entered me) but so far there is no evidence of that having happened. They definitely have the right address because she’s received other post by the board to the same address this year, even as recently as this month.  I just sent a complaint because it’s getting quite ridiculous. I feel like I haven’t got my money’s worth! Has anyone else had similar experiences? 

Edit. I have received my feedback sheet now! No certificate though but like I said, I'm not that bothered about it. 

#2 thara96

thara96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Member: 898080
  • UK

Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:16

Oh how annoying! Is it possible to call ABRSM to ask about a replacement or not? What grade was it for? Maybe there is backlog, that could be why.. 

#3 hennylemon

hennylemon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:12

It's for G3 piano. I wasn't my teacher's only student taking an exam this summer and the others have received their certificates. My teacher, who has been more irritated about this than me (bless her) has been on it and called the board at least 8 times now. They always say they're going to send the certificate that week so not sure what's up with that. My theory is that they've lost my feedback form and don't have a copy of it, and  just hope that we give up asking...

#4 Catey

Catey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Member: 71060

Posted 28 October 2019 - 14:39

My certificates and marksheets were missing after summer exams. The post office had attempted delivery but not left me a card. When I followed it up at the end of the summer I was asked to email a specific email address - they don't do it over the phone. They only keep marksheets for 3 months so you're right on the cusp of not getting them. I think you should follow this up with your teacher and see if they have been asked to email.

#5 hennylemon

hennylemon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 15:22

My certificates and marksheets were missing after summer exams. The post office had attempted delivery but not left me a card. When I followed it up at the end of the summer I was asked to email a specific email address - they don't do it over the phone. They only keep marksheets for 3 months so you're right on the cusp of not getting them. I think you should follow this up with your teacher and see if they have been asked to email.

Oh, that does actually ring a bell. I think she mentioned confirming her address via email but I'm not completely sure...Thanks. So did you eventually get yours?

#6 Catey

Catey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Member: 71060

Posted 28 October 2019 - 20:49

I got all of mine sent back. In a bizarre twist of fate the day I enquired about it the post office sent them back to abrsm. So they simply sent them back out to me! It was very quick and completely efficient.