#16 RPassacaglia

RPassacaglia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Member: 894857
  • UK

Posted 25 October 2019 - 21:01

I never publicise my prices - I think it is a mistake. I know this is contentious on here but I have many reasons for not doing so and possibly not the ones you may imagine.

I never publicise my prices - I think it is a mistake. I know this is contentious on here but I have many reasons for not doing so and possibly not the ones you may imagine.

The reason I put prices on my website was because I got so fed up with people constantly emailing just asking the price of lessons.  They still do though, so I may remove them again.

The reason why I put my prices on my website is because I was fed up with receiving enquiries from people demanding ridiculously low prices that would be well below minimum wage and wouldn’t even cover my costs. Publicising my prices puts those sorts of people off and prevents them from wasting my time in the first place.

#17 tangoallegro

tangoallegro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Member: 898194

Posted 26 October 2019 - 18:41

I don’t advertise my prices either - I agree with you. 

#18 mel2

mel2

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4940 posts
  • Member: 6928
  • East Yorkshire

Posted 26 October 2019 - 19:05

I would never take issue with anyone's reasons for their policies but I can't think of a disadvantage that might arise from listing one's rates on a website. To date I haven't had a problem but then it isn't stated on the first page. Maybe one day I will find out!