If anyone saw my recent post in the Scream Thread about AB not coming to our neck of the woods for an exam session this autumn due to insufficient entries, here is the latest. They have now decided - almost two weeks on from the email saying that they weren't coming - that they ARE coming, due to difficulty of candidates travelling to the exam centre on the mainland (which they knew about before). This is really escalating my stress levels.
So now we have spent the last two lessons doing completely different, non-exam-related work, as I thought she needed a break from having worked so hard for the exam just to discover that it wasn't going to happen. We needed those two lessons as her scales are wobbly and pieces still need some work. I've phoned the parents to find out what they want to do (because I don't really think it should be AB's decision any more), but if she decided not to go ahead, I'm wondering if AB would refund the fee, given the scenario.
I'm waiting to hear back from the parents - but of course, now I won't see her for two weeks because next week is a school holiday.... Do I think she could still do it in the time we have left? Yes, but she is a teenager, and with teenagers nothing ever goes to plan.