#1 Bagpuss

Bagpuss

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3197 posts
  • Member: 371

Posted 02 October 2019 - 07:06

- Do you teach music to the primary age range?
- Are you a class music teacher?
- Or an instrumental teacher?
- Would you like to enrich your teaching by learning new ideas and approaches?

If so, then come to the lovely ‘Music in the Primary Classroom’ course on 26th-27th October, organised by the Phoenix Collective.   The course will be held at St John’s Primary School in Croydon, Surrey CR0 5EL.   There is plenty of accommodation nearby for those who are travelling to attend.

The tutors will be one of the most experienced Kodály practitioners in the UK, Cyrilla Rowsell, and the creative educator from The Netherlands, Gerard Klaassens.    They will cover a variety of topics, including how to teach musical elements, skills, knowledge and understanding through simple rhymes and songs (Cyrilla) and multi-cultural songs and creative ways to listen to classical music (Gerard).

Full details and booking are to be found on the Courses page of www.thephoenixcollective.co.uk.    

If you have any queries, please contact Cyrilla through the Contact Us page of the website.

#2 Splog

Splog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3343 posts
  • Member: 460379

Posted 02 October 2019 - 17:23

I would add to this that you do not have to be a primary school teacher to benefit from this course. Anyone who wants to know more about the Kodály concept of music education would enjoy this. Both Cyrilla and Gerard and fabulous and very knowledgeable teachers, and anyone with an interest in teaching should consider attending. .

I am planning to attend, so if anyone does go, come and say hello.

#3 Rach123

Rach123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Member: 244658
  • Colchester, Essex

Posted 02 October 2019 - 23:02

I would add to this that you do not have to be a primary school teacher to benefit from this course. Anyone who wants to know more about the Kodály concept of music education would enjoy this. Both Cyrilla and Gerard and fabulous and very knowledgeable teachers, and anyone with an interest in teaching should consider attending. .

I am planning to attend, so if anyone does go, come and say hello.

It does seem interesting but I'm at that stage of my life where I work weekends in retail and don't get much holiday.

#4 Splog

Splog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3343 posts
  • Member: 460379

Posted 03 October 2019 - 05:33

Here is the link for anyone wishing to know more.

https://thephoenixcollective.co.uk/

#5 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7803 posts
  • Member: 10531

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:51

Would come if only I could . :(     Enjoy yourselves to all who can!