#1 vhoodless

vhoodless

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Member: 899873

Posted 24 September 2019 - 21:03

Hi all,

A new project I'm working on is making recordings of exam pieces of cello grade 1+  

Eventually this page/website will provide information and advice on taking all ABRSM cello exams - but if you have any questions or suggestions in the meantime, please let me know!  

This is my info page for Some Day (cello grade 4):

https://todayscellis...avid-Blackwell/

Thanks!

Vikki

#2 EllieD

EllieD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Member: 897806

Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:14

I think this may be another advertising post?? I'm sorry if I am wrong! But it seems we have a few people now joining this forum and their first post is some sort of link to what they are doing. I don't think that's what this forum is about. I am sorry if I am wrong, but I will also report this thread to the Mods. I love this forum the way that it is, so I don't want it to turn into another internet advertising vehicle.

#3 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17642 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted 25 September 2019 - 09:39

I concur Ellie

#4 Dr. Rogers

Dr. Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Member: 898997

Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:55

I love this forum the way that it is, so I don't want it to turn into another internet advertising vehicle.

I certainly agree with your overall sentiment.  But this particular link/project seems to be not-for-profit and a genuine attempt to be helpful.  (I can't comment on the content itself since I've never played the cello!)

Vikki, perhaps you could introduce yourself and engage on the forum a bit?  I promise we don't bite (well... at least we won't eat much).

#5 Gran'piano

Gran'piano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Member: 899443

Posted 25 September 2019 - 13:53

I think this may be another advertising post?? I'm sorry if I am wrong! But it seems we have a few people now joining this forum and their first post is some sort of link to what they are doing. I don't think that's what this forum is about. I am sorry if I am wrong, but I will also report this thread to the Mods. I love this forum the way that it is, so I don't want it to turn into another internet advertising vehicle.

I certainly agree with your overall sentiment.  But this particular link/project seems to be not-for-profit and a genuine attempt to be helpful.  (I can't comment on the content itself since I've never played the cello!)

Vikki, perhaps you could introduce yourself and engage on the forum a bit?  I promise we don't bite (well... at least we won't eat much).

I think any links to one's own work on first posts tend to cause a flutter of suspicion. I've seen more cunning ways of advertising though. On another forum, we had posts from new members who praised a certain firm in highest terms. Fantastic work. Reasonable im price. Quick, helpful... Unfortunately for the writers of same, we had very wary moderators who dug around a bit and found that it was a 'multiple identity member' who actually owned the firm himself. One deleted thread and bans all round.

As Dr. Rogers said, post a couple of other interesting things and we'll 'know who you are'.  Welcome anyway!