Ligneo Fistula

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Member: 529803
  • United Kingdom

Posted Yesterday, 19:20

Come June ish I think I'll be deciding if Im going to do grade 6 (probably old curriculum) or grade 7 (new curriculum) depending on what the new pieces will be.

Such an incredible rate of development. Well done, Peter!  A real testament to hard work and dedication!

#92 peterhontaru

peterhontaru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Member: 899767

Posted Yesterday, 21:54

Come June ish I think I'll be deciding if Im going to do grade 6 (probably old curriculum) or grade 7 (new curriculum) depending on what the new pieces will be.

Such an incredible rate of development. Well done, Peter!  A real testament to hard work and dedication!

Thank you Ligneo - will have to see in about 5 months or so - I am not too worried about the next exam now.

Trying to place myself in the best position though by putting myself up for recitals (this helped me a LOT with the exam as I had literally 0 "physical nervousness" which was definitely not the same last year ha), learning pieces that will help me grow (Bach Inventions for next year and now I've started Your Song from Elton John because dotted rhythm/16ths is not my forte) and bettering my sight reading which is by far my worst "asset".

There were pieces from the Grade 5 sight reading exam book which I could sight read straight away without the 30 second prep but there were also pieces on which I'd work for 5 minutes and still not be able to play well which isn't helpful!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: musical instruments, grade exams, abrsm