Ligneo Fistula

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1403 posts
  • Member: 529803
  • United Kingdom

Posted Yesterday, 23:12

Just got my Grade 8 piano result. Bang on 120. Pretty pleased with it, haven’t had a piano lesson for 18 years and have put myself through Grades 5, 6 and now 8 in the last 18 months.

My pieces let me down a little points wise 25, 24, 23. I guess having self taught I might have missed out on some of the subtleties in the pieces. Also I didn’t have loads of time to practice. Scales were fine apart from one which was a disaster, I laughed in the exam when I finished it. 14 for those. Aural 18 and Sight Reading 17 were pretty decent though.

Funnily enough, I wasn’t particularly nervous going into the exam, I think because I felt well prepared enough. Also, I am an experienced performer anyway as I play keys in a band professionally and have a bachelors and masters degree in music playing the trumpet. I guess I have a lot of experience to fall back on. Would have been nice to get the distinction and maybe on a different day I would have but now it’s onto the next challenge!

Well done on your result!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: musical instruments, grade exams, abrsm