156 replies to this topic

#151 JWpiano

JWpiano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Member: 899956

Posted Yesterday, 10:32

Todays the day for my Grade 3 Piano. I practiced last night and was good, played this morning and not so good. Just need to keep myself calm and relaxed whilst I am at work, before this afternoons big moment!. I don't know why we all put ourselves through this sometimes!

From one grade 3-er to another, do yourself proud and the very best in your exam!

Thanks Ligneo. I'll let you know how I get on later!. I really want to enjoy the exam as I love the pieces I have learnt.

#152 De Sisti

De Sisti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Member: 895352

Posted Yesterday, 12:28

Mate, it was the same for me last Thursday. It all came right in the end. Good luck. 

#153 JWpiano

JWpiano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:47

Todays the day for my Grade 3 Piano. I practiced last night and was good, played this morning and not so good. Just need to keep myself calm and relaxed whilst I am at work, before this afternoons big moment!. I don't know why we all put ourselves through this sometimes!

From one grade 3-er to another, do yourself proud and the very best in your exam!

Thanks Ligneo. I'll let you know how I get on later!. I really want to enjoy the exam as I love the pieces I have learnt.

Just got my Grade 3 theory result on the same day as my Grade 3 practical this afternoon. 95 Distinction. That will do me just fine!!. Bit of a boost for this afternoon.

#154 dynari

dynari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Member: 899386
  • Penarth

Posted Today, 11:49

Congratulations JWpiano! I hope the practical went well!

I have just received my certificate and comments, so as promised, here are the comments! Pretty much in line with what I expected  :)

https://imgur.com/x6A6yu9

#155 thara96

thara96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Member: 898080
  • UK

Posted Today, 12:47

Good luck!

#156 wendym

wendym

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Member: 899027
  • Kent

Posted Today, 14:43

What lovely comments Kait! And a well deserved result.

My comment would be, why couldn’t MY students’ examiner, have YOUR examiner’s handwriting?! I’ve just been reading through 7 comment sheets and I have headache, and have given up even trying to read some sections. Much as I hate new technology and losing the personal touch of handwritten comments, this round has been the worst. Roll on 2020!!!

#157 JWpiano

JWpiano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted Today, 15:41

Well, finally took my Grade 3 Piano practical yesterday afternoon. My nerves were horrific before and I felt like I could not even take the exam whilst I was sitting outside waiting. Went into the warm up room and one of my pieces just fell to bits at the end after 4 goes at it I gave up. Yet, normally I can always play it!.

Then onto the exam...

Scales went very well for me I think. Probably best I have done, even better than all the mock exams I have had over the last few weeks with my teacher.

Piece 1 - Mozart piece. Went pretty well I think, maybe 1/2 wrong notes hit and maybe rhythm slightly out in places but I was quite happy.

Piece 2 - Prelude - Great to start with then of course as I neared the end it all went pear-shaped as per my warm up, but I finished the piece anyway and work through it.

Piece 3 - Wouldn't it be loverly - Went fairly well, maybe rhythm a bit off in places, but all in all quite happy, other than 1 incorrect note right at the end and it would be the last note too!.

Sight Reading - As good as can be expected, If I pass I will be very happy, but usually I scrape just below pass.

Aural - Overall I think this went very well, maybe my singing is not so good, but probably only lost a mark or too here. On the Pitch/Rhythm he asked 3 questions, pitch/rhythm, where in the piece?... and when I said 'pitch', he also asked was it a lower or higher note!.

So all in all, I came out quite happy. Hopefully a good pass at the very least. I did much better than I thought I would and maybe I self doubt myself too much. Onwards and upwards.

Good luck to everyone else who still has to take their exams.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: musical instruments, grade exams, abrsm