Photo

International Music Summer Course

Music Holiday Course Orchestra Summer Fun Choir Instrumental Residential Ensemble

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lornawaters

lornawaters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Member: 887758

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:09

Summer’s Cool Music Course

I run an International Summer Music Course with my father in Somerset and we have a few places still available on this year’s course. The dates are 29th July – 3rd August. The course is run at All Hallows School in Somerset and we offer residential and day places for children aged 8-16 years. We are able to cater for all abilities from grade 1-8, as much of the repertoire is arranged specifically for the instruments and experience of players attending the course.

It is a great way to inject some fun into music and to inspire pupils to continue practicing over the Summer Holidays. The course is very sociable and covers a wide range of musical activities, including ‘Fun Sing’, String Group, Wind Band, Orchestra, Musicianship and Lunchtime Concerts. Additionally, we organise quizzes, treasure hunts, games, sports and offer swimming on site every day. On the Wednesday we go on an external bowling trip, which is also included in the cost of the course.

All staff are fully trained Music Teachers from around the country, with experience covering all instruments, singing, classroom music and conducting professional orchestras and choirs.

For more details, please go to; http://www.summerscool.org.uk/

Or email: [email protected]

#2 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14616 posts
  • Member: 99
  • Croydon, South London/Surrey

Posted 29 June 2018 - 20:59

This has been posted on three boards - forum rules say no cross-posting, sorry.

#3 ma non troppo

ma non troppo

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1413 posts
  • Member: 76027

Posted 29 June 2018 - 22:32

Cyrilla, I'm not sure this board is even moderated anymore, or if it is it is in a disturbing way. Recent events have proven that. As regards to the OP, I looked at the site and it reminded me of summer schools I used to go on as a kid. I loved those weeks spent immersed in music and new friendships. I'm not sure if many of the children I teach nowadays would be up for it, but for me it was a happy escape.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music, Holiday, Course, Orchestra, Summer, Fun, Choir, Instrumental, Residential, Ensemble