Ligneo Fistula

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1401 posts
  • Member: 529803
  • United Kingdom

Posted Yesterday, 20:36

I'm getting a bit worried, since my major op, I am nowhere near the standard of what I was pre-op, and I have to perform something on Saturday - I know not what. I have just made an abomination  of a Bach P&F (Bk2 No 14), and a Debussy piece (Suite Bergamasque Prelude), and Beethoven first movement of Op26 (Pastoral), all of which I could previously play perfectly.  I might have to do something rather easier than my normal repertoire.  

Oh dear, I really hope it's nothing serious or permanent.  What about some Haydn, JC Bach and Mozart?

#347 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17666 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted Yesterday, 20:48

I'm getting a bit worried, since my major op, I am nowhere near the standard of what I was pre-op, and I have to perform something on Saturday - I know not what. I have just made an abomination  of a Bach P&F (Bk2 No 14), and a Debussy piece (Suite Bergamasque Prelude), and Beethoven first movement of Op26 (Pastoral), all of which I could previously play perfectly.  I might have to do something rather easier than my normal repertoire.  

Oh dear, I really hope it's nothing serious or permanent.  What about some Haydn, JC Bach and Mozart?

You may be right, I have played before all the 52 Haydn Sonatas. All 19 Mozart Sonatas I have been playing for over 50 years, (though only a couple of JC Bachs) , and have performed several  at this same monthly event  (I missed the last three months meetings).  I'll try through a couple tomorrow. 

#348 Latin pianist

Latin pianist

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3752 posts
  • Member: 711500
  • Cotswolds

Posted Yesterday, 21:50

I have just googled All Creatures Great and small sheet music and I found it on musescore as a PDF you could print. Presumably it's ok to do so as it seems to be impossible to buy it.

#349 chris13

chris13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Member: 7226
  • Lancaster; originally from the Rhubarb Triangle, Heavy Woollen District, Yorkshire

Posted Yesterday, 22:47

You may be right, I have played before all the 52 Haydn Sonatas. All 19 Mozart Sonatas I have been playing for over 50 years, (though only a couple of JC Bachs) , and have performed several  at this same monthly event  (I missed the last three months meetings).  I'll try through a couple tomorrow. 

I am sure you will be given a very warm welcome back to the meetup and whatever you decide to play will be enjoyed.

#350 corenfa

corenfa

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts
  • Member: 95861
  • Here

Posted Today, 04:08

I'm getting a bit worried, since my major op, I am nowhere near the standard of what I was pre-op, and I have to perform something on Saturday - I know not what. I have just made an abomination of a Bach P&F (Bk2 No 14), and a Debussy piece (Suite Bergamasque Prelude), and Beethoven first movement of Op26 (Pastoral), all of which I could previously play perfectly. I might have to do something rather easier than my normal repertoire.

A major operation like that would take some toll on the body. Do be gentle on yourself and I hope the performance goes ok.

#351 Gran'piano

Gran'piano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Member: 899443

Posted Today, 05:50

Anaesthetics and strong pain-killers can muck things up too. Select easier pieces for a while and give your whole body time to get back to pre-op level with regards to your playing.
Hope all goes well.

#352 thara96

thara96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Member: 898080
  • UK

Posted Today, 07:40

It takes time, best wishes for a quick recovery! 

#353 EllieD

EllieD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Member: 897806

Posted Today, 09:10

I have just googled All Creatures Great and small sheet music and I found it on musescore as a PDF you could print. Presumably it's ok to do so as it seems to be impossible to buy it.

Thank you! I've got it! :)

F#m - You really don't need to play anything hard! If anyone is expecting you to turn up and rattle off some complicated piece, I would be very surprised! Even very simple music played well is worthy of performance, so don't pressure yourself, just choose something nice that you enjoy!