1 reply to this topic

#1 alybaracat

alybaracat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Member: 894769

Posted 20 March 2016 - 19:42

For 2 years now, I have been composing music, recording it on my phone, and maybe send it to my sister for feedback, get no reply (I know I will be killed after this post :D) and thats it!! I do nothing with my music afterwards. But lately I decided to publish my works. 

Here is one of my original pieces, I would really appreciate your feedback and comments

https://youtu.be/cptn4AI8yhg

#2 Kai-Lei

Kai-Lei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Member: 4809

Posted 04 April 2016 - 13:20

Honestly?

Well, it's a nice enough piece but the problem to me is it never leaves F minor. I can feel it being used in film for scenes not involving tension and release. As it stands it would be a case for setting a film to the music rather than spotting a film and writing the music. I recently did a score, just a few minutes, for a "stately home" video - a bit like this in it was composed as a piece to be brought in as the camera roamed around the place.

However, I tend to a more impressionistic style (in what I've done with film) so I'm not in much of a position to comment about style.

Have you thought of coming up with a story board (as an episode of some story) and some timings and produce a score for that?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: soundtrack, piano, james bond, improvisation, original, composition, theme, sad