5 replies to this topic

#1 iluviradio

iluviradio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Member: 893599

Posted 23 August 2015 - 18:47

Hi, I've started this new piece and in bar 46, there are two crotchets that look smaller than the rest of the crotchets. Just wondering what does that mean?
The first time it happens there is a normal Bb crotchet below middle C with a smaller looking F above it, then the second one is a smaller looking Ab&Bb crotchet followed quickly by a normal F&Bb crotchet....hope that makes sense, I think I'm useless at describing things! :)

So do you know how I should play those notes?

#2 KTViola

KTViola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Member: 7854

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:25

Which Ecossaise? Which instrument? Which edition?

#3 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17671 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:50

Well I assume its piano but they all seem to be shorter than 46 bars, so I am puzzled

#4 Maizie

Maizie

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6732 posts
  • Member: 9360
  • Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire

Posted 24 August 2015 - 13:59

Piano is mentioned in the tags, though not in the body of the post (though it's usually safe to assume piano if no instrument is mentioned!!!)

#5 KTViola

KTViola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Member: 7854

Posted 24 August 2015 - 15:57

Yeah - I know to assume piano really (even though the Ecossaises have been arranged for almost everything) - it's just that as a non-pianist (who didn't look at the tags) it irrationally irritates me when people assume that we'll all assume piano!  ;)

But I had a look at the piano Ecossaises anyway to see if I could be helpful - and came up with the same stumbling block as fsharpminor - they all appear to be about 12 bars long - nothing approaching 46.

#6 iluviradio

iluviradio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Member: 893599

Posted 01 September 2015 - 23:26

Which Ecossaise? Which instrument? Which edition?

I think it's called 6 Ecossaises Wo0 83 but this is definitely what it sounds like:

It's on pg30-31 on 'The Library of Piano Classics' just in case you happen to have that book :)  and the bar I'm talking about is definitely 46 bars in, on P.31. and it happens in the video roughly between the 0:32 and 0:37 mark.

Sorry for not stating Piano, I didn't even notice that I hadn't actually said it. And I've just realised I still haven't said it :wacko: :lol:  It is for piano! ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music theory, piano, beethoven, ecossaises