mel2

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5351 posts
  • Member: 6928
  • East Yorkshire

Posted 15 September 2020 - 09:18

Cat loudly demanding a second bowl of food -and before 10am. (Even polished off the biscuits)

She's been very off-colour for 2 weeks and eaten almost nothing for the last 7 days.

Vet diagnosed inflamed gums and gave her a shot of steroids, vitamin B and an appetite stimulant, but up to last night she would still only tolerate a saucer of milk.

Relieved. :)

#21752 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8385 posts
  • Member: 10531

Posted 15 September 2020 - 10:01

Glad to hear that Mel2. My seven are eating me out of house and home. Probably time for the worm pills!

#21753 corenfa

corenfa

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6675 posts
  • Member: 95861
  • Here

Posted 15 September 2020 - 10:25

Cat loudly demanding a second bowl of food -and before 10am. (Even polished off the biscuits)

She's been very off-colour for 2 weeks and eaten almost nothing for the last 7 days.

Vet diagnosed inflamed gums and gave her a shot of steroids, vitamin B and an appetite stimulant, but up to last night she would still only tolerate a saucer of milk.

Get well soon, cat! I did worry when mine wouldn't eat.

#21754 ma non troppo

ma non troppo

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2063 posts
  • Member: 76027

Posted 16 September 2020 - 19:20

A girl I teach who I haven't see since July (she could only come back now as the family had been on quarantine after a foreign holiday) made me happy today. When I saw her last, I gave her the new grade 2 pieces book (just for a collection of pieces, not with a view to an exam necessarily as she is a very quick learner. She has learnt them all - all 9 pieces! .... And mostly she has done quite a good job with them. People like this remind me why I like my job.

#21755 ma non troppo

ma non troppo

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2063 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 19:21

I know the feeling. We have a scrawwny elderly cat and every time he finishes a bowl of food I feel like cheering.

#21756 ma non troppo

ma non troppo

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2063 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 19:25

Just had a positive antibody test for covid. I'm happy about that because I was really ill in June and July but not with typical symptoms of covid. It looks like that was what I had.My husband wasn't I'll at all so wondering if he has antibodies too.

I was ill with covid type symptoms in February. I still wonder if that was it. My husband didn't get it, but he never gets anything! I thought at the time it couldn't be it, but it seems it has been around longer than they are letting on. It ws around the very end of February, so after the first few cases started appearing here. I was in bed laid low for 3 days then rapidly improved. Lungs like rice crispies for several weeks after - I almost never get a bad chest.

#21757 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3322 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted 16 September 2020 - 21:39

We met my lovely niece for a picnic and a long walk. It didn't rain and it was so nice to see her. She's an A&E doctor and deserves all the nice days out she can get. She's so laid back and sensible, and fun, even though she says that Covid hospital admissions are clearly rising now (though still at a low level). She's recently started a new job relatively near to us so we're hoping to see a lot more of her.

#21758 Tenor Viol

Tenor Viol

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6563 posts
  • Member: 343214
  • North Shropshire

Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:53

Just had a positive antibody test for covid. I'm happy about that because I was really ill in June and July but not with typical symptoms of covid. It looks like that was what I had.My husband wasn't I'll at all so wondering if he has antibodies too.

I was ill with covid type symptoms in February. I still wonder if that was it. My husband didn't get it, but he never gets anything! I thought at the time it couldn't be it, but it seems it has been around longer than they are letting on. It ws around the very end of February, so after the first few cases started appearing here. I was in bed laid low for 3 days then rapidly improved. Lungs like rice crispies for several weeks after - I almost never get a bad chest.

I suspect it was around for quite a while but unrecognised as there are zillions of generic respiratory tract bugs. I'm pretty certain I had it at end of November/early December as I had a horrible cough for three weeks. The physio I was seeing said that his wife thinks she had it in October - she's a GP and she said she ticked all the boxes for it. 

#21759 AdLibitum

AdLibitum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Member: 900040

Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:59

A girl I teach who I haven't see since July (she could only come back now as the family had been on quarantine after a foreign holiday) made me happy today. When I saw her last, I gave her the new grade 2 pieces book (just for a collection of pieces, not with a view to an exam necessarily as she is a very quick learner. She has learnt them all - all 9 pieces! .... And mostly she has done quite a good job with them. People like this remind me why I like my job.

A wonderful achievement for both of you!

#21760 AdLibitum

AdLibitum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Member: 900040

Posted 17 September 2020 - 08:00

It's amazing how happy NOT having tooth pain can make you...