#20671 Norway

Norway

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4587 posts
  • Member: 452922

Posted 05 October 2019 - 13:21

I've read Ancestral Vices - what a scream that was!

#20672 Tortellini

Tortellini

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1222 posts
  • Member: 8579
  • Italy

Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:57

I'm learning Tchaikovsky's Waltz of the Flowers from a very old book and it it made me smile to see that the unknown pianist from 80 odd years ago had exactly the same problems as I am having - right down to pencilling in some tricky fingering and a stern reminder that B# is actually C!  :lol:

#20673 Dr. Rogers

Dr. Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Member: 898997

Posted 14 October 2019 - 12:38

The summer heat has finally broken here in Central Texas!  We had a record-breaking summer, the second hottest in recorded history, with far too many days over 100 degrees Fahrenheit.  We had a sudden cool snap this past weekend, with lows in the 40s and highs in the 60s.  It felt so good!

Also, my lovely wife and I took a quick mini-vacation, staying a night in a lovely historic small town (Gonzales, TX, where the first shots of the Texas Revolution were fired).  Then we visited three state parks in one day, hiking three miles in each park.  We have some beautiful parks here in Texas.

#20674 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7747 posts
  • Member: 10531

Posted 14 October 2019 - 12:53

Going shopping and for once managing to get everything that was on the list. But more than that - I took the country road route home instead of the main road and it was really beautiful - blue sky and autumn colours and textures and a Vivaldi bassoon concerto on the car radio - and my little dog beside me looking really pleased to have got away from those mischievous kittens who are rather too interested in her tail.