clarinet_michelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Member: 22701
  • Essex, UK

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:28

Hi everyone

The thing is, I have a problem....I would absolutely LOVE to attend ANY event, but unfortunately I have a very big hurdle getting in the way of me going anywhere. I have no form of transport whatsoever, and I cannot really afford to travel anywhere that's not within 20 miles or so from where I live (depending on whether I can get public transport to the place). I live in the north of Essex, so if anyone is planning an event in the north Essex area, maybe they can get in touch with me.....

May I also add that I have Asperger Syndrome? It's a mild form of Autism that does affect me socially, which is the reason why I cannot travel far. I also live on benefits, so my money is very limited.

I was also going to explain about some of the difficuties I have with playing, although I am grade 5 standard (well I passed the exam anyway) I have trouble with sight reading a lot of the time, but I do enjoy playong in a group, I really miss the wind band I was a member of, I which I had to give up because of transport difficulties.

I have a friend who also loves to play in groups, she plays the flute (she has grade 4). The problem with her is wheelchair access, she is an electric wheelchair user. She doesn't use the forum but could she come along to an event and play too? It might be possible that we could travel together on the train to where an event is being held. (If it is a clarinet only event, she can still come...she plays the clarinet too). I know she would love to get involved with something like that...we have both been looking for an event to go to.

Anyone is welcome to PM me if they have info that I may find useful.

Michelle clarinet.gif

#2 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • Member: 5804
  • South East London

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:34

QUOTE(clarinet_michelle @ Jan 10 2008, 11:28 AM) View Post

Hi everyone

The thing is, I have a problem....I would absolutely LOVE to attend ANY event, but unfortunately I have a very big hurdle getting in the way of me going anywhere. I have no form of transport whatsoever, and I cannot really afford to travel anywhere that's not within 20 miles or so from where I live (depending on whether I can get public transport to the place). I live in the north of Essex, so if anyone is planning an event in the north Essex area, maybe they can get in touch with me.....

May I also add that I have Asperger Syndrome? It's a mild form of Autism that does affect me socially, which is the reason why I cannot travel far. I also live on benefits, so my money is very limited.

I was also going to explain about some of the difficuties I have with playing, although I am grade 5 standard (well I passed the exam anyway) I have trouble with sight reading a lot of the time, but I do enjoy playong in a group, I really miss the wind band I was a member of, I which I had to give up because of transport difficulties.

I have a friend who also loves to play in groups, she plays the flute (she has grade 4). The problem with her is wheelchair access, she is an electric wheelchair user. She doesn't use the forum but could she come along to an event and play too? It might be possible that we could travel together on the train to where an event is being held. (If it is a clarinet only event, she can still come...she plays the clarinet too). I know she would love to get involved with something like that...we have both been looking for an event to go to.

Anyone is welcome to PM me if they have info that I may find useful.

Michelle clarinet.gif

I'm at work, having got some pupils missing, but the next lot come soon, so I'll have to be brief, suffice to say I'll have a think, and I'll get back to you soon.

Edit : you have mail!

#3 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • Member: 5804
  • South East London

Posted 21 January 2008 - 21:45

I'm having a look to see if I can get (at least initially) a small scale event happening in clarinet_michelle land, maybe with something this summer. I'll keep the forum updated. smile.gif