corenfa

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6155 posts
  • Member: 95861
  • Here

Posted 06 November 2019 - 14:42

Many of them will be listed by the equivalent of electronic shopfronts where you can buy anything from eye masks to plant seeds, so likely to be done automatically.

#18032 zwhe

zwhe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Member: 898658

Posted 16 November 2019 - 17:48

Many years ago, a labour party member came to our house and my then teenage sister answered the door. He asked to speak to her mum, and she said "I don't have a mum" His response, "Don't be silly, everyone has a mum", given just a few weeks after her death, left such an impression on my sister that she has never even considered voting for labour.

This week, a couple of labour party members came to my door while I was teaching. I told them I was teaching and needed to go, but they wouldn't leave. My pupil commented: "I won't ever vote for them because they were rude"

Perhaps  they should think a little more about future voters who are still forming their opinions?

#18033 maggiemay

maggiemay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19929 posts
  • Member: 413
  • S E England

Posted 16 November 2019 - 18:11

Indeed so. I had this once from the road steward of our local residents’ association, who walked back down our path haranguing me as she went, because I was rude enough to be expecting a student when she called, and did not have time to talk to her.

Most people just don’t understand ‘working from home’.