old_and_grumpy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Member: 889252

Posted 03 April 2020 - 13:05

> I hope you're all coping well!

Thank you - likewise everyone else.  I'm helping myself to cope with treats :)  Received an email this morning from Aeolus advertising new CD of Samartini recorder music, listened to the sample (here if anyone else wants to look at it: https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be), and bought it.  Must help to keep the wheels of something turning.  A new hollow stick with holes in might be a bit of fun too...

#4007 elemimele

elemimele

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1463 posts
  • Member: 895612

Posted 03 April 2020 - 13:39

Zixi, you're going to have to explain the door, and also how you get out when it fails.

Dividing my time here; trying to work from home and keep kid working from home, but it is nice to be able to do some practice too. I'm realising I'm going to have to be a bit more efficient as I'm dividing my time between flute and recorder, which means less time for each (and the occasional moments of perplexity, realising I've picked up the flute end-on or the recorder sideways, both being brownish plastic items with creamy trim).

#4008 AdLibitum

AdLibitum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Member: 900040

Posted 03 April 2020 - 14:00

It's always nice to hear what everyone is up to.
I'm working from home, which is no hardship. I'd thought I'd have lots more time when not commuting, but nope. Somehow it's very similar to how much (how little) time I have in normal times. Odd.

#4009 LoneM

LoneM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Member: 894763

Posted Yesterday, 09:16

LoneM: you would need to install git first....

Many thanks for these instructions - I haven't yet had the time (or the courage!) to try them but will do so in the next few days.

#4010 Zixi

Zixi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Member: 895683

Posted Yesterday, 13:40

Good! I'm glad that everyone is coping!

OaG - a new hollow thing with holes always lifts the spirits... It's nearly Easter. You deserve a present!

elemimele - I should think your sense of humour has been coming to the rescue! It doesn't sound easy.

Re my door - The house was owned by an elderly lady before it was bought 10 years ago by the person we bought from. She had arthritis I think - and had the door catches replaced with those pull ones which sadly don't always. My door sticks so if I'm outside I can put my shoulder to it. But inside I have to tug it. My husband is slightly deaf so I'm assuming he doesn't hear my plaintive pleas for help... :P 

AdLibitum - I think you are defining one of the attributes of time - that it fits exactly what needs to be done and never leaves space for things that you want to do...

LoneM - you're a lot more sensible than I am. :lol: :lol: :lol: But the last time I had a row with Windows 10 I installed Linux and we get on pretty well...

I hope everyone is finding time to augment her/his relationship with the recorder of their choice! :) Take care all!

#4011 elemimele

elemimele

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1463 posts
  • Member: 895612

Posted Yesterday, 19:17

When I was a student, one of my friends came home to his room one day to find his door had been re-hinged at the top, so it opened like a cat-flap. That was challenging...

Yes, lovely to get some recorder-time, it's always been good for my sanity.

#4012 old_and_grumpy

old_and_grumpy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Member: 889252

Posted Today, 12:29

OaG - a new hollow thing with holes always lifts the spirits... It's nearly Easter. You deserve a present!

It was my birthday the week before last and of course everything got cancelled: no restaurant meal out, and my present was going to a music event that has been cancelled.  So, a stick with holes in seems only fair!

#4013 AdLibitum

AdLibitum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Member: 900040

Posted Today, 15:00

Do you have any specific stick with holes in mind?