Aaaaaaaaaggghh - The Scream Thread!

• Please log in to reply
20243 replies to this topic

#16 Guest: Helen_*

Guest: Helen_*
  • Guests
  • Member: 0

Posted 18 November 2005 - 23:47

I've had so much work being piled on. I've been feeling like *bleep*, no idea why, i NEVER get ill but in the last few weeks it feels like I've had cold on top of cold with a cough thrown in! I've just felt like everythings getting far too much and I just felt like crying sad.gif (in the end i was but I digress). I was starting to think that my flute playing had actually improved, well my teachers at college said it had at parents evening yesterday, but after my flute lesson today... Yes... best not for me to finish this sentence. On top of various other things.

sad.gif

#17 Guest: saxlover_*

Guest: saxlover_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2005 - 23:48

Just wait until uni.....it all gets sooo much better. *cough*

At least your music lessons then will be taught by me! I'll be nice!

#18 Guest: Helen_*

Guest: Helen_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2005 - 23:50

QUOTE(saxlover @ Nov 18 2005, 11:48 PM)

At least your music lessons then will be taught by me! I'll be nice!

View Post

I hope so wink.gif

#19 Guest: all ears_*

Guest: all ears_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2005 - 01:40

Teachers upsetting students, students upsetting teachers...oh dear!

We had fire drill this week, and even though I was LISTENING for the alarm, not one person in my class heard it, and eventually one of the office staff came to ask us politely if we would care to evacuate...doesn't bode well for actual emergencies.

I grumbled at my students for not preparing a certain piece of work, and they reminded me that we actually hadn't finished the preceding item...blush.

But all my classes seemed happy and productive this week, and Our Lady of the Sighs stopped sighing and gave me a wonderful speech on social prejudice in Tintin laugh.gif

And I'm all ready to send in the final invoice for a translation job! smile.gif

BUT!!! I had a raging angry complaint from a parent at son Airman's school, because my son stood on her son's foot and I "hurt" him. Apparently it slipped her son's mind to mention that YET AGAIN he had attacked Airman, and had pushed him up against the neighbor's concrete wall and was in the process of strangling him when Airman lost his balance and stood on Strangler's poor tootsies. mad.gif Airman's friend called me to help, and I admit that I did actually pull Strangler's T-shirt and briefly grab his wrist to get him off Airman...AFTER asking him to let go. Nor did he tell his mother why he'd attacked Airman - because Airman "cheeked" him by saying "Huh?" when Strangler made the very reasonable observation that Airman ought to throw himself under a passing truck and die.

This is a boy who threatens other kids with violence if they don't call Airman names, who punches him right in front of the staffroom and gets no more than a telling-off, who holds Airman down so his friends can beat him up...and gets no more than a telling-off...and so on. A pox on him, and as for teachers who go on about "equal access to education" while the crud and the bullies frighten good students into staying home...and who tsk-tsk and walk away from what would be crimes out in the real world...may every stick of chalk splinter in their hands, and may they get diarrhoea in the bus on their next school trip. blink.gif

So there! Rant over ph34r.gif

#20 Guest: Capoeira Girl_*

Guest: Capoeira Girl_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2005 - 04:38

QUOTE(sl123451 @ Nov 19 2005, 11:30 AM)
I was about a second away from breaking my neck nd dying yesterday....right now i cant move my neck left at all. Blooooooody painful..................................................... AAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

wOww im loud laugh.gif

View Post

Sooo... what happened?

QUOTE(all ears @ Nov 19 2005, 02:40 PM)
BUT!!! I had a raging angry complaint from a parent at son Airman's school, because my son stood on her son's foot and I "hurt" him. Apparently it slipped her son's mind to mention that YET AGAIN he had attacked Airman, and had pushed him up against the neighbor's concrete wall and was in the process of strangling him when Airman lost his balance and stood on Strangler's poor tootsies.  mad.gif Airman's friend called me to help, and I admit that I did actually pull Strangler's T-shirt and briefly grab his wrist to get him off Airman...AFTER asking him to let go. Nor did he tell his mother why he'd attacked Airman - because Airman "cheeked" him by saying "Huh?" when Strangler made the very reasonable observation that Airman ought to throw himself under a passing truck and die.

This is a boy who threatens other kids with violence if they don't call Airman names, who punches him right in front of the staffroom and gets no more than a telling-off, who holds Airman down so his friends can beat him up...and gets no more than a telling-off...and so on. A pox on him, and as for teachers who go on about "equal access to education" while the crud and the bullies frighten good students into staying home...and who tsk-tsk and walk away from what would be crimes out in the real world...may every stick of chalk splinter in their hands, and may they get diarrhoea in the bus on their next school trip. blink.gif

So there! Rant over ph34r.gif

View Post

My advice: enrol your son in the local karate / other martial arts gym. But then he might get teased for that... (I certainly do, but no-one dares to try and hit me anymore)

#21 Guest: nicki_flute_*

Guest: nicki_flute_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2005 - 07:54

My week has been mixed, but Thursday was definitely a low.

#22 Guest: Tess_*

Guest: Tess_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2005 - 08:44

All ears, my daughter occassionally "practises" her karate with her karate mates at school during playtime... to show she can't be called very rude names anymore. Her teacher is very good but though offenders are punished umpteenth times, they still do their own thing! My neighbour who is a teacher got punched and her back seriously injured by a boy bully at school! The boy was just told off with a "serious" warning. ohmy.gif blink.gif sad.gif But my kid's karate? Well, it worked! laugh.gif

EDIT - Just preventative hinting that you are not a soft target, that's all. No need to be of a high discipline/grade. smile.gif

Edited by Tess, 19 November 2005 - 09:16 .

#23 Guest: Capoeira Girl_*

• Guests

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:01

ok. highly undisciplined karate people arent all that good...

#24 Guest: Tess_*

• Guests

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:12

QUOTE(another crazy pianist @ Nov 18 2005, 09:36 PM)
Don't worry, things will turn better  smile.gif

View Post

QUOTE(saxlover @ Nov 18 2005, 09:38 PM)
Hmm...

View Post

Things don't always get better, you know. My toddler kid smashes his head HARD!!!!!!! yes, HARD!!!!!!!!! on the floor and wall when he gets upset (a change in routine or his music got changed) and people REALLY upset me sometimes, I tell you, when they say things like - He'll get better and snap out of it or grow out of it or You have to be firm or something? blink.gif ohmy.gif What utter nonsense! Lots of adults with his neurological condition still bang their heads repetitively against the wall literally whenever they experience a meltdown or a change in routine... and has to be stopped by a pal. I'm not saying he can't be trained to control his extraordinary fear of change. In fact, right now we are (lovingly but seriously)training him to talk and behave in socially acceptable ways for his own sake. But some well-intentioned people (not being personal here, ACP, so please, I beg you, don't be hurt by my brutal honesty, OK?) MUST try not to say meaningless things like "things will get better", sometimes? Because that phrase means nothing to someone who is down or depressed...

What's consoling is NOT "circumstances will change" but that I myself find the courage/energy/grace/hope/etc. to change/cope. I have a friend who writes to me and longs for a normal life - to be able to sit up like normal folks and stand like everyone else instead of lying on her back all day and all night. I sat with her saying nothing knowing not what to say. Loss for words. Then she said - Thanks. I asked - What for? She replied - For being there. It'd be nice to be there for one another if we can.

#25 Guest: saxlover_*

• Guests

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:13

The whole point of karate is so you can defend yourself, you are never supposed to use it in any other situation. Everyone gets told that in theor first lesson.

#26 Guest: Capoeira Girl_*

• Guests

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:18

exactly! if people use it to beat other people up then thats not good. you're feeling better then Nat?

#27 Guest: saxlover_*

• Guests

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:18

No, my face is really hot, and I am so tired.

#28 Guest: saxlover_*

• Guests

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:20

QUOTE(Tess @ Nov 19 2005, 09:12 AM)

. But some well-intentioned people (not being personal here, ACP, so please, I beg you, don't be hurt by my brutal honesty, OK?) MUST try not to say meaningless things like "things will get better", sometimes? Because that phrase means nothing to someone who is down or depressed...

View Post

I didn't take his comment in the wrong way. blink.gif

#29 Guest: Tess_*

• Guests

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:25

QUOTE(saxlover @ Nov 19 2005, 09:13 AM)
The whole point of karate is so you can defend yourself, you are never supposed to use it in any other situation. Everyone gets told that in theor first lesson.

View Post

I agree. All martial art says that including taichi which I did a long time ago. But all the martial art teachers will also agree that it's a preventative measure because once you do it, your level of self-esteem and/or fitness hopefully changes in time and you no longer look like a soft target. I know this because I was traumatised by bullying as a young child. I don't deserve to be bullied for sure but I did look like a softie bookwormish sort of person for whom bullies tend to be on the lookout. ph34r.gif

#30 Guest: Tess_*

• Guests

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:27

QUOTE(saxlover @ Nov 19 2005, 09:20 AM)
QUOTE(Tess @ Nov 19 2005, 09:12 AM)

. But some well-intentioned people (not being personal here, ACP, so please, I beg you, don't be hurt by my brutal honesty, OK?) MUST try not to say meaningless things like "things will get better", sometimes? Because that phrase means nothing to someone who is down or depressed...

View Post

I didn't take his comment in the wrong way. blink.gif

View Post

Wasn't saying you did. Just including you as another person who may feel a bit tired or depressed today.