#23206 zwhe

zwhe

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • Member: 898658

Posted 26 October 2021 - 16:43

I'm not even sure if its the printer or my computer. If I copy the photo into word, it prints fine. If I print it as a photo file, it is black and white. I can't find any more settings that could be wrong.

#23207 zwhe

zwhe

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • Member: 898658

Posted 26 October 2021 - 16:55

I've found it! It only took 3 hours...

There was another colour setting on the computer, other than the standard 'do you want it in colour or black and white'.

#23208 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6983 posts
  • Member: 3747
  • Suburbia

Posted 26 October 2021 - 17:18

There was another colour setting on the computer, other than the standard 'do you want it in colour or black and white'.

Well done! Now you can be a genius in front of friends and family when operating your printer - I always find that satisfying when some-one else struggles to do something on "my" computer (not really mine, just the one I always use!).  :D

#23209 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15184 posts
  • Member: 99
  • Croydon, South London/Surrey

Posted 26 October 2021 - 22:46

My printer works fine.   If it's printing a Word or similar doc.    If I ask it to scan something it tells me it can't because it's not connected to the internet.   I have tried all things known to man and to my computer whizz.

Oh - and it won't print anything on OH's account (same laptop).

:angry:

#23210 Bagpuss

Bagpuss

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3443 posts
  • Member: 371

Posted Yesterday, 04:41

Since upgrading to Windows 11, my printer won't scan. It says my printer isn't connected to my computer....which it is....and it prints perfectly OK from Word, Excel or pdfs, pics....

Hate technology!

Bx

#23211 Tenor Viol

Tenor Viol

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7162 posts
  • Member: 343214
  • North Shropshire

Posted Yesterday, 10:00

Yes, computers have a habit of putting printing options into multiple layers - you sort out one and find the application has a set which overrides them, then discover there's a hidden dialogue box in the printer utility... and so it goes on

#23212 Gordon Shumway

Gordon Shumway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Member: 899488
  • London SE5

Posted Yesterday, 10:07

Ugh, my printer's relationship with my computer was unstable for ages until I finally found a random setting that somehow worked.

I replaced my manual duplex printer with an automatic one and uninstalled the manual one, but something in the system retained a memory of it for a long time!

I do not want to undergo the same process under Win11.