#23191 AdLibitum

AdLibitum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Member: 900040

Posted 22 October 2021 - 14:38

I do the same with Audible from my phone via Bluetooth, it works pretty well. (Cars don't seem to come with CD players these days, so my CD collection has been mostly retired.)

#23192 Gordon Shumway

Gordon Shumway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • Member: 899488
  • London SE5

Posted 22 October 2021 - 15:09

I'm not surprised cars don't come with CD players. A memory stick makes infinitely more sense.

#23193 AdLibitum

AdLibitum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 17:59

No I'm not going to install an app just to book my flu jab. Grrrr.

#23194 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6980 posts
  • Member: 3747
  • Suburbia

Posted 22 October 2021 - 19:57

No! Nor am I.

So I tried the computer (as opposed to phone) which didn't work, and decided to phone our GP's surgery and spoke to a lovely receptionist who explained that they didn't have any vacancies far enough ahead (my 6 months is up mid-November) and to phone in a couple of weeks. 

#23195 AdLibitum

AdLibitum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 20:45

No! Nor am I.
So I tried the computer (as opposed to phone) which didn't work, and decided to phone our GP's surgery and spoke to a lovely receptionist who explained that they didn't have any vacancies far enough ahead (my 6 months is up mid-November) and to phone in a couple of weeks.
Fingers crossed for both of us.

#23196 Tenor Viol

Tenor Viol

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts
  • Member: 343214
  • North Shropshire

Posted 23 October 2021 - 14:29

hmph. Been on a photo shoot this morning and took the DSLR and the medium format camera. Not sure why, but the medium format came off the tripod and crashed to the ground. The waist level viewfinder magnifier is slightly skewed and it seems to have landed on teh corner of the film back. My main worry is light leaks, which I can't tell until I develop a film.  

#23197 LoneM

LoneM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Member: 894763

Posted 23 October 2021 - 15:56

Oh dear - sounds horrendous. How infuriating. :(

#23198 Hildegard

Hildegard

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2201 posts
  • Member: 887389

Posted 23 October 2021 - 16:44

Here, my surgery rang me at the end of September and asked when I would like to have my booster. I said Sunday morning (3rd October) at 10am and there was hardly anyone there, at the NHS hub, so I was seen straight away without queuing. It is strange, and not very fair, how arrangements differ so greatly in different parts of the country.

#23199 AdLibitum

AdLibitum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 17:02

Here, my surgery rang me at the end of September and asked when I would like to have my booster. I said Sunday morning (3rd October) at 10am and there was hardly anyone there, at the NHS hub, so I was seen straight away without queuing. It is strange, and not very fair, how arrangements differ so greatly in different parts of the country.
I think at my GP they still arrange appointments over the phone too (and last I checked you could login onto a website and book, although if you don't use the service often enough it deletes you from the system and you have to phone them anyway...). But I was trying to book a flu jab in a pharmacy that's part of a chain, because it's one of the few that accepts the voucher I got from my employer. I think I just might go elsewhere and pay myself, it'll be far less hassle.

#23200 AdLibitum

AdLibitum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 17:04

hmph. Been on a photo shoot this morning and took the DSLR and the medium format camera. Not sure why, but the medium format came off the tripod and crashed to the ground. The waist level viewfinder magnifier is slightly skewed and it seems to have landed on teh corner of the film back. My main worry is light leaks, which I can't tell until I develop a film.

Ouch, that's really bad luck. I hope it'll turn out to be OK.

#23201 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18994 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted 23 October 2021 - 18:09

We both got notification to book Covid boosters via NHS website, but Mrs had to ring surgery about another matter and asked about boosters then. She was able to book for both of us next Tuesday at same local place has we had previous two jabs.