Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6976 posts
  • Member: 3747
  • Suburbia

Posted Yesterday, 09:24

I am still putting on a mask when I go into a shop etc,  even just for my morning newspaper at our local  'One Stop'.   Infection rate on Wirral is now about 420 per 100,000

Infection rate in this part of London is similar: 418.9 cases per 100,000 and rising. The rate has almost doubled in recent weeks. We were intending to visit Birmingham for a couple of days this week, but went off the idea when we heard that only 55% of Brummies have been vaccinated.

There was a time when we would check train services or car parking before visiting somewhere new - now we check infection levels and vaccine rates. :(

The rate round here is 826 per 100,000.  We have 10 schools in a 1 mile radius.

#23177 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8708 posts
  • Member: 10531

Posted Yesterday, 09:46

That was a word beginning with a B and ending with an M. Very rude!

Ouch! Very rude of the rabbit, too!

Bummy Rabbit?

#23178 Misterioso

Misterioso

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6862 posts
  • Member: 13351
  • Outer Hebrides

Posted Yesterday, 09:48

Hmmm, two parcels delivered, one yesterday, one today. The delivery driver didn't knock when delivering yesterday's parcel, so it has been outside the front door all night in very heavy rain, so sodden that the cardboard - which could literally be wrung out - fell apart in my hands. Fortunately, the contents were sealed packets and seem to have survived unscathed.

Today's parcel we have not yet found. It's not on the gatepost, in the shed, outside either front or back door, or any of the other random places that parcels have been left in before. There is a photo of it, and a wee map to show where it's been delivered - which is categorically NOT our house! Our house has an 'A' after the number, so naturally it's gone to the same numbered house with a 'B' after it, a little way off on the other side of the road (don't ask - it's all to do with how the crofts were assigned). We haven't managed to recover it yet.

Once upon a time, parcel delivery was quite straightforward....wasn't it? :wacko:

#23179 vron

vron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Member: 898525
  • South Shropshire

Posted Yesterday, 12:11

yesterday i had an Amazon  parcel delivered sealed but inside it was completely empty. The item was batteries and could never have fitted into the slim book type folder it was delivered in. Ok Amazon have imemdiately sent out another parcel free of charge which I am waiting for but does no-one ever look at these things first.

#23180 Maizie

Maizie

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7061 posts
  • Member: 9360
  • Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire

Posted Yesterday, 12:38

I'll join in with parcel woe.  I am tracking a parcel that arrived at my local depot last Friday at 4.37am, which was then given the status 'return to sender' at 1.17pm - it never made it to 'out for delivery'.  I've contacted customer service at the sender, though without response so far.  But, I have just had an email telling me that my parcel has just been despatched (location provided is where the sender is)...using a different courier, and it should be with me tomorrow.  We shall see...

#23181 Gordon Shumway

Gordon Shumway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Member: 899488
  • London SE5

Posted Yesterday, 13:06

yesterday i had an Amazon  parcel delivered sealed but inside it was completely empty. The item was batteries and could never have fitted into the slim book type folder it was delivered in. Ok Amazon have imemdiately sent out another parcel free of charge which I am waiting for but does no-one ever look at these things first.

Yes, and the time and motion people give them 0.63 seconds to look at each of them.

#23182 Tenor Viol

Tenor Viol

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7158 posts
  • Member: 343214
  • North Shropshire

Posted Yesterday, 18:33

Yesterday's parcel was delivered to 'my safe place' which was a surprise as I hadn't specified one. 'Safe' was behind the plant pot under the music room's window at the front of the house...

Today's, which was much more valuable and much more fragile was also left in an undesignated safe space... this time by the back door. But it was only in a cardboard box, with a piece of expensive optical equipment that was just in bubble wrap. Fortunately, unlike much of wher eI've been today, it doesn't seem to have rained much at home. 

#23183 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4021 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted Today, 09:46

My wine was too be left in the garage if I were out, but of course no attempt was made to deliver it to the door, it went straight in the garage, and no card or anything.