#20911 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3119 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted 25 May 2020 - 11:19

I agree that one has to keep a dog on a lead unless there is suitable space to do so. Recently I cam across a dog on a main road that was off its lead. Wrong place to have the dog off its lead. What if it had suddenly run into the road?

Suitable places are those such as parks/commons/forests etc where there is lots of open space and few roads.

But only if it will come when it's called. Otherwise everyone else who might be there risks getting molested by it. I hate getting attackef by 'friendly' dogs. I'd never have let my child slobber over someone if we were out for a walk so I don't see that it's alright for a dog to do it.

#20912 Norway

Norway

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4957 posts
  • Member: 452922

Posted 25 May 2020 - 12:54

I misread that as "moistened by it" which is also true!

#20913 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3119 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:43

I've just cancelled our main summer holiday, which was always going to happen but feels very sad. I'm hoping the boys might come and stay with us here and we can have some days out. I've rebooked for next year but that seems a very long way away.

#20914 Tenor Viol

Tenor Viol

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6429 posts
  • Member: 343214
  • North Shropshire

Posted Yesterday, 13:29

I've just cancelled our main summer holiday, which was always going to happen but feels very sad. I'm hoping the boys might come and stay with us here and we can have some days out. I've rebooked for next year but that seems a very long way away.

Yea, I know it sucks big time. Last week I should have been travelling back from a holiday in Orkney and next week I should have been heading to Cornwall... 

#20915 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3119 posts

Posted Yesterday, 15:18

That's sad, TV. I know we're lucky to be having holidays I the first place, but I look forward to holidays so much. I really really hope we get our Northumberland holiday in September. What do you reckon our chances are?

#20916 Misterioso

Misterioso

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6230 posts
  • Member: 13351
  • Outer Hebrides

Posted Yesterday, 15:26

We should have been attending a family wedding in October, and also another event to celebrate my birthday. Everything now cancelled, and we are having trouble getting a refund for plane tickets out of BA. The furthest we are likely to get for a holiday this year is Inverness, and even that is looking doubtful just now with the ferry company vetting people about the necessity of their journey before they are allowed to board.

#20917 Norway

Norway

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4957 posts

Posted Yesterday, 15:31

You can always stretch your tricycling wings Misterioso! Next target: Tescos. Then the CalMac jetty (testing brakes beforehand!) 

#20918 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3119 posts

Posted Yesterday, 16:13

I have to say, our ferry company has been very decent and simply allowed us to shift our booking to next year, even though our journey hasn't been cancelled yet. And the cottage owner has done the same. She'd have been within her rights to at least keep the deposit, but she was the one who suggested that it wasn't going to happen and that we should have our money back. I thought that was really admirable.

#20919 zwhe

zwhe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Member: 898658

Posted Yesterday, 18:46

The carpet on our stairs and landing has a bad moth infestation, so I have taken it up. I can't believe it is actually made of wool, as it is a really horrible old brown one. I was hoping that the floor boards wouldn't be too bad and I could leave it for a while, but they are terrible, including several holes! So I will have to get new carpet when the shops are open. The walls are also in a state, so I am now painting them as I might as well do it before having new carpet. All because a few insects decided my floor was an excellent place to raise a family.

#20920 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18051 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted Yesterday, 18:59

We had problems with those a couple of years ago. Our carpet was put down when we moved in in 1988 (new house then), but does now need replacing as well as the room decorated.  But we got rid of them. They laid eggs round the edges of the room ,and by lifting the carpet slightly and vacuuming them  up a few times, the numbers gradually reduced. last summer there were just a few, and we haven't seen any this year yet.  We  were stymied by me having open heart surgery end August and just as we were going to get things organised for this summer we have lock down. Not sure what order to do things.  The list is decorate (more than one room needs doing), two new bathrooms need fitting, the whole house needs double glazing, and the drive needs relaying (roots of a 'preserved' tree are lifting the block paving). Oh and the two cars are 8 and 10 years old now.  We're into 6 figures easily now !

#20921 Norway

Norway

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4957 posts

Posted Today, 10:29

Does anyone else find it particularly annoying when pupils' parents repeatedly don't ring you back, especially when you know they are locked down (or should be). :angry: It's only their child's education. 

#20922 ma non troppo

ma non troppo

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • Member: 76027

Posted Today, 13:53

I've really had enough of the restrictions. I'm starting to feel very angry and resentful.