Gordon Shumway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Member: 899488
  • London

Posted 16 January 2020 - 12:46

Eight odd socks? No, only seven (I just found three more socks).

#20282 Gran'piano

Gran'piano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Member: 899443

Posted 21 January 2020 - 20:12

So, the washing machine shows ERROR CODE H 07. It seems to be working perfectly well to me, but what do I know?

I look for the three Instruction Booklets. Select the German one as being the one I can probably understand best. Though if the article is Japanese made, I might have to translate the German *back into English word for word first.

I find the relevant Error Code.

"The water intake is colder than usual, so the machine will take longer for its cycle".
"What should you do to remedy this?"
"Nothing"

Now that's what I call customer service. No way could I possibly have noticed that it is cold outside and as our water comes from a reservoir way up the hill, where it is even colder...
It might be useful had they told me before I left the machine to its own devices. But it doesn't tell me until it notices that it should have finished and hasn't, and by that time, I notice it too.  

*As the German text is sometimes completely incomprehensible, I can only imagine it is first turned into English and then from English into German, possibly using the very first version of Google translate.

#20283 Tenor Viol

Tenor Viol

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6242 posts
  • Member: 343214
  • North Shropshire

Posted 21 January 2020 - 22:25

I have a weekly session with a torturer physiotherapist on my leg following my ruptured Achilles' tendon. Today's treatment was excruciatingly painful (I think because it is improving he's using more force). This is followed with electric shock-wave therapy where an electrode is run up and down my calf whilst pulsing at 8Hz and later 20Hz. Today he added a new twist: device set to 'pulverise'.... That was a definite gnaargnng moment...

#20284 Maizie

Maizie

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6771 posts
  • Member: 9360
  • Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire

Posted 22 January 2020 - 11:11

General health argh.  Currently utterly exhausted, but all my endocrinology blood test numbers look right.  Endocrinology prof has a theory that the 'normal range' is very wide, and if they've replaced me to low end of normal but before I got sick I was naturally high end of normal, then I might need to be replaced to high end of normal to feel right.  I think someone has looked at my numbers in this context, but not 100% sure.  Endocrinology nurse has let me know that endocrinology doctor has scheduled me clinic visits - I will find out shortly if that's imminent, or she means he's set my routine ones up for September :rolleyes:

But still, things Are Not Right.  Keeping a diary of symptoms so I can wave it at people.  Basically, after work is no longer for walk and music practice, it's for crashing on the sofa.  When there's no morning alarm clock, I'll sleep a minimum of 10 hours.  If I'm on my own at home at lunchtime, then I will set an alarm to make sure I've not dozed off when I should be back at my desk.

Cancelled the music lesson I was due to have tomorrow (cancelled with >48 hours notice, with an offer to pay anyway!) - don't want to give in to being ill, but don't want to be that time-wasting non-practising pupil!  Have rescheduled for 4th Feb, though I do have Serious Concerns about whether I'll get any practice done - basically, I am committing myself to do some whenever I can, and hope this will ultimately outweigh the frequency with which I can't.  I've managed one practice session in the last two weeks.  Actually pretty scared that where I am now is the new normal, and life will be narrowed down to at work or flopped on the sofa :(

GP booked for 19th Feb.  No real hope that this will lead to anything (since generally I'm explaining my pituitary issues to them, even if it's one of the two GPs I usually see*) but we shall see.  GP will probably say it's endocrinology, and I'm back to endocrinology saying it's as good as it gets.  Probably get a general blood test which at least rules a lot of other stuff out.

Oh well, I'll just spend the next six months either asleep or gathering evidence for the endocrinology visit.  Basically, I do accept [with some reluctance] the idea that it might just be the way it is; but I don't accept that I can't have a moan about it :rofl:

* No dig at GPs; most GPs won't see a pituitary patient in their entire career, so I can't expect them to have much knowledge, never mind expertise!

#20285 Misterioso

Misterioso

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6103 posts
  • Member: 13351
  • Outer Hebrides

Posted 22 January 2020 - 11:41

TV - hope it's all worth it in the end. Hang on in there!

Maizie - hope your GP visit results in Something Good Being Done. It's very hard to live with chronic health issues. 

#20286 thara96

thara96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Member: 898080
  • UK

Posted 22 January 2020 - 15:24

My portable heater stopped working today. So I have spent most of today sending emails and trying to resolve it. 

#20287 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17845 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted 22 January 2020 - 15:30

I am always finding odd socks in my sock drawer. But whats slightly more worrying  is that I sometimes find a pair of ladies knickers among my boxers

#20288 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2914 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted 22 January 2020 - 16:17

I am always finding odd socks in my sock drawer. But whats slightly more worrying is that I sometimes find a pair of ladies knickers among my boxers

Ooh matron!

#20289 Gordon Shumway

Gordon Shumway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • London

Posted 22 January 2020 - 17:06

Sainsbury's Fairtrade Ceylon teabags - two in a big mug, brew for 3 minutes, and voila - dishwater!

I recommend Waitrose Assam.

#20290 Latin pianist

Latin pianist

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3890 posts
  • Member: 711500
  • Cotswolds

Posted 22 January 2020 - 17:18

We have Fairtrade tea at our church and it's horrible!

#20291 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17845 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted 22 January 2020 - 19:05

We have switched to 'Clipper' tea beacuse the bags dont contain plastic

#20292 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2914 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted 22 January 2020 - 21:21

My husband brings home lovely loose tea from Leeds market.

#20293 Maizie

Maizie

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6771 posts
  • Member: 9360
  • Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:14

Maizie - hope your GP visit results in Something Good Being Done. It's very hard to live with chronic health issues. 

Thank you.  Things will settle down and/or I'll get used to it, I just might throw some tantrums along the way.  I have a variety of thoughts/ideas for help along the way once things do settle and I have an idea of where I am.

#20294 dorfmouse

dorfmouse

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
  • Member: 1946
  • Germany

Posted 23 January 2020 - 19:45

Food moths, grrr! A live one, fluttering inside the CLOSED flour jar. Have we been blithly eating larvae cake? ????

#20295 Gordon Shumway

Gordon Shumway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • London

Posted 24 January 2020 - 07:22

Food moths, grrr! A live one, fluttering inside the CLOSED flour jar. Have we been blithly eating larvae cake? ????

Interesting. Years ago my flatmate was a farmer's son and diploma'd scientist, and when I threw out some flour because it had grubs in it, he commented that flour always has their eggs in it, but we usually consume it before they hatch. Yours seems to have gone a stage further! (having said that, I think he said they were weevils. I wouldn't know if weevils turn into moths)