20234 replies to this topic

#20221 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17664 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted 27 November 2019 - 20:11

Yes three prominent deaths in one day. Jonathan Miller was 85  :crying:

#20222 Splog

Splog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3359 posts
  • Member: 460379

Posted 28 November 2019 - 08:36

And Jonathan Miller. He was the speaker at my graduation in the early eighties.

I used to have a little crush on Jonathan Miller :wub: :crying:

#20223 thara96

thara96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Member: 898080
  • UK

Posted 28 November 2019 - 12:53

Who is he? 

#20224 Latin pianist

Latin pianist

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3744 posts
  • Member: 711500
  • Cotswolds

Posted 28 November 2019 - 13:25

You're probably too young to remember him. Google him. He was talented in many fields

#20225 HelenVJ

HelenVJ

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2230 posts
  • Member: 1265
  • South-East London ( OK - Penge)

Posted 28 November 2019 - 14:34

Can you not access Google, Thara? Or a news site?

#20226 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7845 posts
  • Member: 10531

Posted 02 December 2019 - 21:25

There is no nastier way to start the day than to have to get up and go and get a blood  test done without having any breakfast. I had better go to bed now or I will oversleep and procrastinate yet again. Tomorrow morning I really must get round to it and   no one should  risk speaking  to me until I have come home and had a cup of hot coffee and a croissant.

#20227 Splog

Splog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3359 posts
  • Member: 460379

Posted 02 December 2019 - 23:25

There is no nastier way to start the day than to have to get up and go and get a blood  test done without having any breakfast. I had better go to bed now or I will oversleep and procrastinate yet again. Tomorrow morning I really must get round to it and   no one should  risk speaking  to me until I have come home and had a cup of hot coffee and a croissant.

I feel your pain. Once had to have a (completely unnecessary) glucose tolerance test done while pregnant, which involved not eating for four hours after having no breakfast.  I hope you enjoy your croissant.

#20228 maggiemay

maggiemay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19951 posts
  • Member: 413
  • S E England

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:36

Hope all is done now, and you can have your breakfast - and plenty of it! 

Wonderful memory of staggering into St Mike’s church hall - which in those days ran a café - after an early morning blood test, and finding a plate of freshly made warm, spicy bread pudding.  That and a hot coffee - I don’t think anything has hit the spot in quite the same way since.  :-D

#20229 thara96

thara96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Member: 898080
  • UK

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:52

Aquarelle

Enjoy your post test croissant and coffee!

I hate blood tests too. 

#20230 dorfmouse

dorfmouse

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1383 posts
  • Member: 1946
  • Germany

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:56

Oh yes, there is a nastier way!
Try drinking 4 litres of the revolting liquid you have to get down on an empty stomach before a colonoscopy....

#20231 maggiemay

maggiemay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19951 posts
  • Member: 413
  • S E England

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:50

Oh yes, there is a nastier way!
Try drinking 4 litres of the revolting liquid you have to get down on an empty stomach before a colonoscopy....

Oh yes. Indeed it is utterly revolting - done that twice. 

#20232 Aeolienne

Aeolienne

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1985 posts
  • Member: 16983
  • Leamington Spa, Warks

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:36

On Sunday I had a fruitless search in Birmingham's German Christmas market for an Advent calendar for my parents - only to learn afterwards that my dad had ordered one from Amazon. Sigh.

#20233 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7845 posts
  • Member: 10531

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:43

Hope all is done now, and you can have your breakfast - and plenty of it! 

Wonderful memory of staggering into St Mike’s church hall - which in those days ran a café - after an early morning blood test, and finding a plate of freshly made warm, spicy bread pudding.  That and a hot coffee - I don’t think anything has hit the spot in quite the same way since.  :-D

Got home, drank coffee, ate croissant and became human again! Also having read the above posts  became thankful that it  wasn't as bad as a coonoscopy and I really had nothing to moan about! Maggie, I can smell that bread pûdding. what bliss that must have been!

#20234 corenfa

corenfa

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts
  • Member: 95861
  • Here

Posted 04 December 2019 - 13:11

There is no nastier way to start the day than to have to get up and go and get a blood test done without having any breakfast. I had better go to bed now or I will oversleep and procrastinate yet again. Tomorrow morning I really must get round to it and no one should risk speaking to me until I have come home and had a cup of hot coffee and a croissant.

I feel your pain. Once had to have a (completely unnecessary) glucose tolerance test done while pregnant, which involved not eating for four hours after having no breakfast. I hope you enjoy your croissant.

I haven't had to go through this but I kept my pregnant sister company while she did- she had to drink a bottle of sickly-looking-and-tasting bright orange liquid after the overnight fast.

#20235 Maizie

Maizie

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6731 posts
  • Member: 9360
  • Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire

Posted 04 December 2019 - 21:14

Parcel coming tomorrow.

I am not here.

I clicked on the rearrange delivery button.

You can only rearrange delivery after the first delivery attempt has failed :(

Have registered a preference that if they fail to deliver to me, they deliver to the local drop off point.  Intrigued as to whether that will be tomorrow, or if it has to fail, then go back to the depot, then be re-deliverded to the drop off point ... which will be Friday, when I am here!