#1 EdGJ

EdGJ

Advanced Member

• ABRSM Super Mod
  • 338 posts
  • Member: 10724
  • London

Posted 15 December 2016 - 16:03

We are aware that some teachers and candidates are still waiting for results from the Autumn 2016 exam session. It’s our priority to issue results as quickly as possible for teachers, students and parents.

View the full article

#2 aliasrick

aliasrick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Member: 690372

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:56

Any update on this update? According to the article above I should've heard yesterday, but nothing, and no responses to phone calls and emails this morning. Am I now going to have to wait until the New Year?

#3 Latin pianist

Latin pianist

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3761 posts
  • Member: 711500
  • Cotswolds

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:21

Will the forum be out of action too?

#4 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6583 posts
  • Member: 3747
  • Suburbia

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:32

Will the forum be out of action too?

I wondered that - I don't know whether it comes under the "services" umbrella ... only 29 minutes to wait now until we can try and see at 12.01 today!

#5 Latin pianist

Latin pianist

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3761 posts
  • Member: 711500
  • Cotswolds

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:04

We seem to be still here.

#6 aliasrick

aliasrick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:20

... but no results now until the 3rd of Jan I suppose :(

#7 aliasrick

aliasrick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 17:18

So that's it then?

Delayed results that were supposed to be announced by the 21st still not with me, and now the 'system' is off until 3rd of Jan...

Would've been nice to have had some sort of official response/explanation from ABRSM... 

#8 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • Member: 5804
  • South East London

Posted 22 December 2016 - 20:10

ABRSM is relocating to the City of London’s ‘cultural hub’ at the start of the New Year.

View the full article

So that's it then?

Delayed results that were supposed to be announced by the 21st still not with me, and now the 'system' is off until 3rd of Jan...

Would've been nice to have had some sort of official response/explanation from ABRSM...

See link above, aliasrick.

#9 aliasrick

aliasrick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:16

Thanks barry-clari - I was aware ABRSM are re-locating (the OP was drawing attention to a news post that mentioned it, along with news of results delays).

Presumably the office move has been known about for some time though, so it seems like a poor excuse for failing to deliver results.

At the very least I would've thought some updated information would've been possible - the last was a week ago. According to that I should've had my results on the 21st, but that date came and went, followed a day later by the shutting down of the system with no further information from ABRSM...

Anybody from ABRSM reading this?

#10 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • South East London

Posted 23 December 2016 - 13:38

I think EdGJ occasionally looks in over Christmas, I doubt you'll get much else now, aliasrick.
I think ABRSM have simply misjudged how much work goes into a relocation and something's given.
I agree it's disappointing the later results won't appear until January, and I equally agree ABRSM should apologise, but there are way worse troubles at sea.

Merry Christmas, aliasrick. Hope those Chelsea piano meet ups are still going well :)

#11 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • South East London

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:09

Thanks barry-clari - I was aware ABRSM are re-locating (the OP was drawing attention to a news post that mentioned it, along with news of results delays).

Presumably the office move has been known about for some time though, so it seems like a poor excuse for failing to deliver results.

At the very least I would've thought some updated information would've been possible - the last was a week ago. According to that I should've had my results on the 21st, but that date came and went, followed a day later by the shutting down of the system with no further information from ABRSM...

Anybody from ABRSM reading this?

Any joy yet? I know there's been a further drift to 13th January for some results...

#12 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6583 posts
  • Suburbia

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:06

We have had some update, and staff are working over this weekend to (hopefully - my word) ensure that we have our results by 13th. Not very happy. :( 

#13 Hildegard

Hildegard

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts
  • Member: 887389

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:02

We have had some update, and staff are working over this weekend to (hopefully - my word) ensure that we have our results by 13th. Not very happy. :(

One thing's for sure - many are going to find it very hard, if not impossible, to get to work today: the entire tube network is currently shut down and is likely to remain so all day.

#14 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6583 posts
  • Suburbia

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:59

One thing's for sure - many are going to find it very hard, if not impossible, to get to work today: the entire tube network is currently shut down and is likely to remain so all day.

It's an interesting tfL map - the Met line for some reason is operating normally. I think the AB staff will be able to get in to work - it might have been easier for them in their previous office though.

#15 Hildegard

Hildegard

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts
  • Member: 887389

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:59

It's an interesting tfL map - the Met line for some reason is operating normally. I think the AB staff will be able to get in to work - it might have been easier for them in their previous office though.

The line's working but almost all Zone 1 stations are closed, including Barbican and Moorgate. You can't even open the door and leap out as the train passes through these days. :(