corenfa

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7168 posts
  • Member: 95861
  • Here

Posted 21 June 2021 - 22:41

I've passed all the exams I needed for one of the two qualifications I've been working towards for the last four years.

Hurrah! Congratulations!

#22787 AdLibitum

AdLibitum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts
  • Member: 900040

Posted 22 June 2021 - 06:58

I've passed all the exams I needed for one of the two qualifications I've been working towards for the last four years.

Hurrah! Congratulations!
Thanks! :) It's been a long journey.

#22788 musicalmalc

musicalmalc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Member: 516127

Posted 22 June 2021 - 07:55

Small victories - I'm excellent at misplacing things, usually as a result of "tidying up". Preparing for my first keyboard gig playing for a youth theatre show in July (after 19th!) I was checking up on where all my kit was and after searching in several places finally located a crucial missing piece of gear (I/O/MIDI interface) which is a relief.

#22789 Tenor Viol

Tenor Viol

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7035 posts
  • Member: 343214
  • North Shropshire

Posted 22 June 2021 - 08:40

I've just bought a midi keyboard to plug into the Mac mini.... just the minor issue of learning how on earth to use it and Apple's Logic Pro...

#22790 Zixi

Zixi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Member: 895683

Posted 22 June 2021 - 08:51

I passed all the exams I needed for one of the two qualifications I've been working towards for the last four years.

Extremely well done! And congratulations. It's not easy doing that!!!  It's a long haul.

#22791 musicalmalc

musicalmalc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Member: 516127

Posted 22 June 2021 - 11:21

I've just bought a midi keyboard to plug into the Mac mini.... just th eminor issue of learnign how on earth to use it and Apple's Logic Pro...

Depends what you want to use it for. I am partway through programming keyboard sounds for Addams Family, unfortunately only being done with 2 keys players - it would have been easier and made a lot more sense if it was the full band and actually just using keys2 book rather than having to cherry pick cues from the PC score and supplement with K2 snippets. Mainstage I'm sure uses a lot of Logic Pro code and it would be worth joining a fb group or other forum for Logic Pro. I have learned a lot from being a member of a couple of Mainstage groups.

#22792 AdLibitum

AdLibitum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 15:42

I passed all the exams I needed for one of the two qualifications I've been working towards for the last four years.

Extremely well done! And congratulations. It's not easy doing that!!! It's a long haul.
Yeah, it's been a much longer haul than I'd anticipated...

My job interview went fairly well. I really liked the people, the job sounds good, and I was told (without apparent sarcasm) that I'm a very interesting person. So there's a chance, let's see which of the candidates they'll pick.

#22793 Norway

Norway

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5619 posts
  • Member: 452922

Posted 22 June 2021 - 16:27

What sort of job? Good luck! :) :fingersCrossed:

#22794 Zixi

Zixi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Member: 895683

Posted 22 June 2021 - 18:09

Extremely well done! And congratulations. It's not easy doing that!!! It's a long haul.
Yeah, it's been a much longer haul than I'd anticipated...

My job interview went fairly well. I really liked the people, the job sounds good, and I was told (without apparent sarcasm) that I'm a very interesting person. So there's a chance, let's see which of the candidates they'll pick.

Of course you're interesting!!! I'm with Norway. I have fingers crossed.

#22795 AdLibitum

AdLibitum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 18:48

Thank you both. :) It's a full time job in the area of IP law for which I've just qualified - so it's the sort of job I've been looking for for a while.

#22796 Rach123

Rach123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • Member: 244658
  • Colchester, Essex

Posted 25 June 2021 - 00:22

the confirmation that my band starts back irl tomorrow night (even if it's just for the players who are playing in our outdoor concert in a few weeks time

#22797 Rach123

Rach123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • Member: 244658
  • Colchester, Essex

Posted 25 June 2021 - 14:19

the confirmation that my band starts back irl tomorrow night (even if it's just for the players who are playing in our outdoor concert in a few weeks time

follow up double post.

the amount of excitement for tonight is really bubbling. Even if we do have to be socially-distanced and wear masks, I actually cannot wait to see and play with real life musicians (zoom is really not the same!)

#22798 BadStrad

BadStrad

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4554 posts
  • Member: 88756

Posted 25 June 2021 - 16:03

Thank you both. :) It's a full time job in the area of IP law for which I've just qualified - so it's the sort of job I've been looking for for a while.

Congratulations on the exam success and hopefully the interview will result in further good news.  :)

#22799 AdLibitum

AdLibitum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 16:50

Congratulations on the exam success and hopefully the interview will result in further good news. :)
Thanks. :) They said they'll let me know early June. My fingers are getting seriously cramped from keeping them crossed!

#22800 Gordon Shumway

Gordon Shumway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • Member: 899488
  • London SE5

Posted 28 June 2021 - 11:04

Small victories - I'm excellent at misplacing things, usually as a result of "tidying up". Preparing for my first keyboard gig playing for a youth theatre show in July (after 19th!) I was checking up on where all my kit was and after searching in several places finally located a crucial missing piece of gear (I/O/MIDI interface) which is a relief.

Ditto. Two weeks ago I tuned my violin and deliberately placed my electronic tuner in a different place from usual thinking "it's highly visible: I can't miss it."

Then I restrung my violin, and, a few days later before going off to orchestra, looked for the tuner and couldn't find it anywhere. I feared that I had put it on my keyboard and it had fallen into the waste-paper bin and been thrown out. I would have been happy to buy a new one, if only as a spare, but they've gone up from £20 to £25, which is a bit steep. Finally today I found it on the floor near the keyboard. I would still like a second though. I'll have to keep my eye on the prices in case they dip.