Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15214 posts
  • Member: 99
  • Croydon, South London/Surrey

Posted 21 January 2021 - 23:10

If you're a primary or instrumental teacher, and you've ever had your interest piqued to find out just what 'IS' the Kodály approach, come and find out soon!

My group of passionate Kodály educators, The Phoenix Collective, is excited to announce its new accredited course of Kodály training - ACKME (Accredited Certificate in Kodály Music Education).
All modules in 2021 are online and run over weekends. Sessions will be recorded for those unable to attend in 'real time' (we are in the UK).
Students can sign up for the full Certificate or attend individual modules as non-Certificate participants.
Modules will run in each calendar year so students can take them at times convenient to them.
There will be four core modules, three of which run in 2021, plus several optional modules which will launch in 2022. Completion of the certificate is open-ended.
The first core module - The Kodály Philosophy - is held on 13th and 14th February and the closing date for applications is 31st January. This will act as both an introduction to those new to the approach as well as a thought-provoking refresher for more experienced practitioners.
Tutors are highly experienced and enthusiastic leaders from the UK and Hungary.
If you have any queries, please ask here or send me a message.
Full information is on the courses page at www.thephoenixcollective.co.uk.
Very excited 1f642.png

#2 Bagpuss

Bagpuss

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3451 posts
  • Member: 371

Posted 22 January 2021 - 15:40

The course is accredited by an external agency and yes, the £75 does have to be paid for students when they transfer to the full certificate.

Apologies if the website doesn't float your boat although most of our advertising is done elsewhere.  The site was professionally done but for now the organisation does not have the funds to approach someone new to start it from scratch.  

Anyone interested who doesn't wish to look at the website (!) is most welcome to send me or Cyrilla a PM.

BP

#3 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15214 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 16:22

The course is accredited by the CPD Service.

I think Bagpuss has answered your other questions.

:)

#4 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15214 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 23:16

Just a heads-up that the closing date for applications for the first module, 'The Kodály Philosophy' is tomorrow - January 31st.

We have a hugely varied mix of students, including one in Kuala Lumpur, one in Portugal and one in Spain.   Some are primary teachers, some are instrumental teachers.  There are a couple of forum members plus some who have come via EPTA and The Curious Piano Teachers. 

This first module (which also acts as a stand-alone weekend) will be of interest to anyone who would like to know more about 'this Kodály thing' and also as a refresher/re-invigorator for those who already have some knowledge.

We have input from two Hungarian tutors, my co-author David Vinden, and Yours Truly.   Plus another lovely person teaching one of the musicianship groups.   Bagpuss is one of the Support Crew on this occasion!

We'd love to see you there.

#5 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15214 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 22:29

We can hardly believe how Phoenix and its courses has taken off since my last posting at the end of January  :o .

We currently have students from all over the UK and also internationally - yesterday we had a piano teacher in Brunei sign up for this coming weekend's course.  Wowsers.

Talking of this weekend - it may be of particular interest to readers of this forum as it is aimed at instrumental teachers.

I'm hugely chuffed to have three renowned music educators and authors giving presentations - Dr Sally Cathcart (Curious Piano Teachers), Karen Marshall (Get Set Piano) and Paul Harris - the latter is presenting on his Simultaneous Learning approach :wub:.

There's also a session on 'Using Kodály in the Teaching of Singing' given by the forum's own Splog  :) .

Students can access individual sessions or the whole weekend.   It's all on Zoom and all is recorded for those who can't attend 'live'.

Drop me a personal message if you'd like to know more or book a session.   It should be FAB!

#6 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15214 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 21:56

Wow.   The presentations this weekend were amazing.

Splog did a grand job (wearing her red Doc Martens helped) :).   Karen Marshall was fab and really made us all think about the aneurotypical student.

Sally Cathcart and Paul Harris were also inspirational.

I have to organise more of these!

:wub: 

#7 Bagpuss

Bagpuss

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3451 posts
  • Member: 371

Posted 20 November 2021 - 06:25

Lovely to be a tiny part of this, C.
From small acorns and all that...
BPx

#8 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15214 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 23:45

Aw thanks Bag.   You are way more than 'a tiny part'!

It's the most lovely thing to be doing and with the most lovely people.

:wub: