Photo

Any advice on dealing with a consistently late payer?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Boogaloo

Boogaloo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Member: 94062

Posted 15 November 2019 - 00:04

Having read all the posts and your replies I have a feeling you know what you want to do! Perhaps you just need a bit of encouragement! If you can afford to not have the outstanding payment then I would suggest making contact and reminding about it and hoping that you get it. Then I would cancel lessons - it sounds to me as though you just want out and you've had enough. I wouldn't be going tomorrow - sometimes we know when enough is enough. A bad payer can hardly bad mouth you all over the place and if they did and people decided not to have lessons based on what they heard then they wouldn't be the sort of pupils you would surely want anyway? Save your petrol and cross you fingers for a late payment turning up!

#17 RPassacaglia

RPassacaglia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Member: 894857
  • UK

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:50

Thanks for all your replies. I finally received the payment, a week late - better late than never. I decided not to keep going and have given the time to another current pupil who could do with some extra time whilst preparing for an exam. Plus, this other pupil always pays me while I’m there!

#18 BadStrad

BadStrad

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4060 posts
  • Member: 88756

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:55

That sounds like an excellent outcome, Ruth. Thank you for the update.

#19 thara96

thara96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Member: 898080
  • UK

Posted 15 November 2019 - 09:01

Thanks for all your replies. I finally received the payment, a week late - better late than never. I decided not to keep going and have given the time to another current pupil who could do with some extra time whilst preparing for an exam. Plus, this other pupil always pays me while I’m there!

Hopefully you have made a good decision! Thanks for the update. 

#20 jenny

jenny

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2843 posts
  • Member: 7686
  • Manchester

Posted 15 November 2019 - 09:26

Great outcome to a difficult situation. Well done!

#21 DMC

DMC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Member: 477382

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:11

Brilliant outcome. You've given your valuable time to someone more deserving and finally got your payment. 

#22 maggiemay

maggiemay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19956 posts
  • Member: 413
  • S E England

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:34

Very glad it is resolved. Good outcome - and a big sigh of relief! 

Much better use of your time, I imagine!