• 4013 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted 15 September 2021 - 15:25

Ewwww.

1) Signed off with work-related stress.

2) Resigned from said job.

3) Had molar extracted.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Sorry to hear that. Some employers are insane.

#23027 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8701 posts
  • Member: 10531

Posted 15 September 2021 - 20:32

Aquarelle, I hope that your partner is as comfortable as possible , Thinking of you both .

Thank you and thanks to other well wishers. I have been 2 days without visiting. I was just too tired to drive. I actually got ready to go yesterday but when I picked  the car keys up I realised I was not in a fit state to be behind the wheel so I went to bed for a couple of hours instead. I am planning to visit tomorrow and the kind mother who went last Friday says she will do this Friday as well. That just leaves the weekend and my partner is being discharged on Monday. The hospital will arrange  ambulance transport. They can't find anything specific wrong with her and say it is simply age. She needs more protein but is refusing most of the hospital food - in particular the protein enriched drinks and creams. I think I just have to take things one day at a time at the moment.

#23028 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15174 posts
  • Member: 99
  • Croydon, South London/Surrey

Posted 15 September 2021 - 20:39

Hugs, Aquarelle.   No wonder you're tired.

:thereThere:

#23029 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4013 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted 15 September 2021 - 21:18

I'm glad you've got a date for your partner coming home, Aquarelle. Try to rest a bit while you can.

#23030 Tenor Viol

Tenor Viol

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7154 posts
  • Member: 343214
  • North Shropshire

Posted 16 September 2021 - 03:03

Sorry to hear this @Aquarelle. It's emotionally and physically draining stuff. 

#23031 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8701 posts
  • Member: 10531

Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:22

Yhank you everyone. Yes TV, you know all about it because you went there with your mum. Provided I feel capable I will visit this afternoon and should be back in time for after shcool lesTthanks again for the kind words of support - they help!

#23032 HelenVJ

HelenVJ

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2429 posts
  • Member: 1265
  • South-East London ( OK - Penge)

Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:46

All best wishes Aquarelle - it must all be very draining, especially on top of a teaching workload. Hope you can find some time to do something restorative for yourself, even if not right now! Take care  and here's some cake  :fruitcake: plus own choice of beverage.

#23033 andante_in_c

andante_in_c

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10889 posts
  • Member: 130
  • Hampshire, UK

Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:52

All the best from me too, Aquarelle. 

#23034 Tenor Viol

Tenor Viol

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7154 posts
  • North Shropshire

Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:52

Today is another day that demonstrates the cruelty of 2021 - remember when we thought 2021 would have to be an improvement on 2020? As you know, I lost a good friend in May, and then last month mum. Part of what has kept me sane and from falling into a pit of depression has been my social bubble neighbour. We're a similar age, we both live alone, we have identical but mirror image houses - source of much confusion. We both have issues managing with elderly infirm mothers. My neighbour's mother is older at over 90, but is still mobile but has increasing dementia. It's got so bad that my neighbour is moving today to live with their mother whilst they sort out buying a bungalow for both of them.

So, my social bubble neighbour is moving 15 miles away today. No more 'fancy a coffee and a rant?', or 'gin in half an hour?', 'I've made a casserole - want to pop over?'.

On top of everything else this year, it's an added level of cruelty that I could do without.  

#23035 HelenVJ

HelenVJ

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2429 posts
  • Member: 1265
  • South-East London ( OK - Penge)

Posted 16 September 2021 - 11:52

Sorry to hear, TV - it must be especially tough coming on the top of your other 2 losses. We can never underestimate the value of an everyday friend and neighbour, and even more so after the past 18 months. I'm sure you will keep in touch, but of course it's not the same as having a friendly voice next door. I probably take my neighbours entirely for granted, so thanks for the reminder to appreciate them while they're here! 

#23036 tangerine

tangerine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Member: 116120

Posted 17 September 2021 - 07:32

American bureaucracy. My eldest grandson is moving into hospice care over there and the USA is not allowing UK entry because of Covid. We are trying to get an exemption and the American embassy has been very helpful, but the amount of documentation we have to gather together is unbelievable. Time is not on our side, but we are working hard to try to get out there.

#23037 maggiemay

maggiemay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20532 posts
  • Member: 413
  • S E England

Posted 17 September 2021 - 10:23

Tangerine, that’s very sad, and I am so sorry.  

There is an awful lot of red tape associated with the pandemic - I can’t help suspecting some of it is unnecessary, or certainly could be side-stepped in certain cirumstances. 

I wish you success in resolving the impasse with minumum delay. 

#23038 Hildegard

Hildegard

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2190 posts
  • Member: 887389

Posted 17 September 2021 - 11:13

American bureaucracy. My eldest grandson is moving into hospice care over there and the USA is not allowing UK entry because of Covid. We are trying to get an exemption and the American embassy has been very helpful, but the amount of documentation we have to gather together is unbelievable. Time is not on our side, but we are working hard to try to get out there.

Sad to hear that, but I don't think trying to protect its citizens can be dismissed as "bureaucracy" - America has a considerably worse infection rate than even the UK, and it has vaccinated a far smaller proportion of its residents (only 54% fully vaccinated, last time I looked).

#23039 tangerine

tangerine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Member: 116120

Posted 17 September 2021 - 12:23

Sad to hear that, but I don't think trying to protect its citizens can be dismissed as "bureaucracy" - America has a considerably worse infection rate than even the UK, and it has vaccinated a far smaller proportion of its residents (only 54% fully vaccinated, last time I looked).

Hildegard, I think you have misunderstood or misinterpreted my meaning. It is not the fact that America is refusing entry, it is the amount of paperwork that is needed to be allowed to enter on compassionate grounds. Having a very large extended American family, I understand the situation more than most non Americans.

#23040 Tenor Viol

Tenor Viol

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7154 posts
  • North Shropshire

Posted 17 September 2021 - 19:39

Horrendous commute home - 2.5 hours... Neighbour has moved. Sad.