#1 Doodle

Doodle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Member: 889296

Posted 16 October 2019 - 14:47

Wow!  I got the dates for this term's piano exams online today - not only that, but I got the week I requested for the second term running!  So, two little grade 1s booked in for 28 November :)  Lovely to have lots of notice.  Thanks ABRSM!

#2 jenny

jenny

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts
  • Member: 7686
  • Manchester

Posted 16 October 2019 - 15:04

I have the same date for my 2 Grade 1s. Great to have so much notice, isn't it? :)

#3 jpiano

jpiano

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2187 posts
  • Member: 1270

Posted 16 October 2019 - 20:03

Not such a happy bunny here- asked for final week, got week 2. Usually my local centre are excellent at booking me in for the week asked for and this is the first time this has ever happened. Other centre I use ( because it's more convenient for pupil) is one where I'm used to not getting my preferred week, and sure enough, again, it's week 2. The really strange thing, though, and this has never happened before, is that the exams are on the same day at the 2 different centres.

#4 Doodle

Doodle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:50

Not such a happy bunny here- asked for final week, got week 2. Usually my local centre are excellent at booking me in for the week asked for and this is the first time this has ever happened. Other centre I use ( because it's more convenient for pupil) is one where I'm used to not getting my preferred week, and sure enough, again, it's week 2. The really strange thing, though, and this has never happened before, is that the exams are on the same day at the 2 different centres.

Sorry you got an earlier date than hoped - I know how that feels  :blink:

#5 RuthP

RuthP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Member: 894857
  • UK

Posted 17 October 2019 - 11:20

I just got the dates for my lot too, and also got a late November appointment. Loads more notice than I normally get, and a later date than I expected too, so I’m quite happy with that.

#6 wendym

wendym

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Member: 899027
  • Kent

Posted 17 October 2019 - 13:31

My students got their appointments mid way through the exam cycle and we’re all happy about that, a Saturday morning that for once doesn’t clash with anything else. And my daughter just got the date for her grade 6 - late afternoon on the 7th December - she can’t complain about that!

#7 maggiemay

maggiemay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19919 posts
  • Member: 413
  • S E England

Posted 18 October 2019 - 17:16

Apologies that it’s theory and not practical, but in the context of this term’s exams ... 

Are the board still sending out sticky labels for theory candidates to take with them to their exam? 

Last theory exams my students did were a couple of terms ago, and I have a feeling the labels arrived several weeks in advance. Have not had any yet for this term. Anyone else? 

Good to hear of some suitable appointments coming through.

#8 Doodle

Doodle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 09:51

Are the board still sending out sticky labels for theory candidates to take with them to their exam? 

A grade 5 theory pupil last term had a sticky label sent.  Not entered any theory this term though...

#9 maggiemay

maggiemay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19919 posts
  • S E England

Posted 19 October 2019 - 11:37

A grade 5 theory pupil last term had a sticky label sent.  Not entered any theory this term though...

Thanks, Doodle. Maybe it’s on the way - but in any case I have e-mailed the board.

I seem to remember having to keep track of it for weeks (or hand it over and risk the pupil losing it!) previous times. It’s the start of half term here, hence feels a bit late in the day.

#10 zwhe

zwhe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Member: 898658

Posted 19 October 2019 - 12:18

I had mine a couple of weeks ago.

#11 thara96

thara96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Member: 898080
  • UK

Posted 19 October 2019 - 12:38

Wow!  I got the dates for this term's piano exams online today - not only that, but I got the week I requested for the second term running!  So, two little grade 1s booked in for 28 November :)  Lovely to have lots of notice.  Thanks ABRSM!

Good luck! 

#12 wendym

wendym

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Member: 899027
  • Kent

Posted 19 October 2019 - 14:13

I entered one for grade 5 theory and have not had my label either - last term's label came earlier than this I’m sure. I’ll give it another couple of days then will email to find out...

#13 maggiemay

maggiemay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19919 posts
  • S E England

Posted 19 October 2019 - 20:55

Thanks to Wendym and zwhe for replies. 

#14 Catey

Catey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Member: 71060

Posted 19 October 2019 - 21:54

No label here either as yet. Surely it should be here by now? Half term is another week away so hoping it arrives prior to that.

#15 BabyGrand

BabyGrand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Member: 144315
  • UK

Posted 19 October 2019 - 22:46

Awaiting a label here also...