#1 Jodiec

Jodiec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Member: 887368

Posted 07 April 2020 - 14:52

Hello all

I thought I'd share something I've discovered this week as like alot of us I've had to move my lessons online. 

I'm teaching using Zoom but found it worked best on my desktop (as it's the most powerful machine I have and has a nice big screen), and I wanted another camera looking at the piano so I could play things/demo. I looked to buy a cheap webcam and they are all out of stock so my husband found an app called EpocCam, which turns my phone into a web cam. 

So now, using zoom, I call my pupil, say hi etc, listen to a couple of things and have a nice big screen to be able to see their playing/fingers/position etc on. Then then when I want to, I switch to the other camera (my phone) which I have clipped to a music stand looking at the piano and play things back to them. 

I'm not very technical (at all!)  but very excited to be quite the whizz now switching between my two cameras. I think EpocCam have added a plug in very recently so their software works with Skype/zoom etc. 

Anyway, I just thought I would share in case anyone was going through the same thing and looking for a better solution. Hopefully it won't be long until we can all go back to normal. 

#2 BadStrad

BadStrad

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts
  • Member: 88756

Posted 07 April 2020 - 14:53

Fantastic tip. Thank you.

#3 Boogaloo

Boogaloo

Advanced Member