#2 SheWhoDaresGins

SheWhoDaresGins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Member: 894974
  • London

Posted 01 August 2018 - 22:28

Yes and what a lovely selection of pieces are offerering on the new syllabus... except it took you 3 weeks to be able to dispatch two of the pieces from new grade 3 piano syllabus and now I have ordered 2 more from the grade 3 treble recorder only to be told you don’t have any of those in stock yet either...

I feel quite strongly that as the board setting out a new syllabus with a known (by you) go-live date, that you should carry sufficient stock to fulfill orders of all the pieces listed in your entire syllabus. It’s not like I can easily find them anywhere else and I think 3 weeks shows that you have not even a handful of these scores in stock - they’re clearly on a back order from a publisher.

It’s frustrating, to say the least, when you have a child ‘ready to go’ - only to have to wait weeks for the materials to arrive.

I should add that this is a repeating problem with recorder. I understand it’s not such a popular instrument but I have several times ordered from your descant syllabus, only to have to wait weeks for the book to be dispatched.

Disappointing.

#3 Sylvette

Sylvette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Member: 895486
  • Gloucestershire, UK

Posted 02 August 2018 - 16:31

I have had a similar experience with ordering pieces for G3 piano alternative list.  One took four weeks to arrive (from musicroom.com) and appeared to be on back order everywhere except Australia!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piano syllabus, piano