#1 adultpianist

adultpianist

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1255 posts
  • Member: 888829

Posted 21 November 2020 - 17:43

I thought it was easy but this girl is studying music at university so she has a good knowledge of how to play quavers and semi quavers but she could not play the triangle in time to the music

#2 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3454 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted 21 November 2020 - 20:30

Well it's an incredibly irritating video, but she's not trying just to hit it on the beat or anything. Even the triangle takes a bit of time to perfect. I have to why why you're watching this when there are way better videos on YouTube, like the Woodturning man or the making sweets ones.

#3 adultpianist

adultpianist

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1255 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 21:45

Well it's an incredibly irritating video, but she's not trying just to hit it on the beat or anything. Even the triangle takes a bit of time to perfect. I have to why why you're watching this when there are way better videos on YouTube, like the Woodturning man or the making sweets ones.

We have different views.  I really enjoyed this video and found it very useful.   I did not find it irritating at all

#4 Latin pianist

Latin pianist

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4141 posts
  • Member: 711500
  • Cotswolds

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:23

This topic reminded me of the Charlie Drake sketch 1812. So I watched it again and the poor triangle player misses his moment even though he's counting frantically!

#5 BadStrad

BadStrad

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4344 posts
  • Member: 88756

Posted 22 November 2020 - 11:43

This topic reminded me of the Charlie Drake sketch 1812. So I watched it again and the poor triangle player misses his moment even though he's counting frantically!

There's a blast from the past. :)

#6 HelenVJ

HelenVJ

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2334 posts
  • Member: 1265
  • South-East London ( OK - Penge)

Posted 22 November 2020 - 14:09

When my adult students assure me that they haven't had time to do much practise, I do sometimes wonder how much time they're spending on YouTube and other diverting videos..

#7 adultpianist

adultpianist

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1255 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 15:12

When my adult students assure me that they haven't had time to do much practise, I do sometimes wonder how much time they're spending on YouTube and other diverting videos..

That is not fair.   As an adult student myself, I spend a lot of time practicing my piano and I also practice the flute.   I have already spent 20 minutes on my piano.   I have short practice sessions on the piano rather than one long one.  I will get up in the morning and spend 15 minutes doing a new scale.  Then a couple of hours later I will go back and do a sight reading exercise, and then go back and do some of a piece I am working on.   Then once I have perfected all these things, I will go back and do them all at the same time one after the other like I would at the lesson.   

This method works for me