dorfmouse

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1812 posts
  • Member: 1946
  • Germany

Posted 22 September 2021 - 15:28

I vote Nannybot be appointed as Chief and Sole Moderator of the forum. One would no longer have to wait for #### to freeze over before action happens!
(Self-censored just in case I get sent down the black hoke of banishment.)

#23087 zwhe

zwhe

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1065 posts
  • Member: 898658

Posted 25 September 2021 - 17:43

I was supposed to go to the vets this afternoon but couldn't as I don't have enough petrol to do that and collect my son from his scout camp tomorrow. I really hate panic buying. I also really hope I can get some petrol soon...

#23088 maggiemay

maggiemay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20545 posts
  • Member: 413
  • S E England

Posted 25 September 2021 - 17:50

I was supposed to go to the vets this afternoon but couldn't as I don't have enough petrol to do that and collect my son from his scout camp tomorrow. I really hate panic buying. I also really hope I can get some petrol soon...

That’s a bit rough! I hope the vet visit wasn’t urgent. 

#23089 Hildegard

Hildegard

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2197 posts
  • Member: 887389

Posted 26 September 2021 - 07:00

I hope you do, too. We had to drive through west and north-west London yesterday, and saw only one petrol station with a long queue. We passed three that were totally closed, but most did not have more than a few cars waiting. People are so stupid and seem to love joining queues. Panic buying? Oo, yes please, let's go for it. :rolleyes:

#23090 zwhe

zwhe

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1065 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 07:22

I just need to get a clean not-been-buried stool sample from the tortoise to them. Its now sitting in the fridge waiting - lovely!

#23091 maggiemay

maggiemay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20545 posts
  • Member: 413
  • S E England

Posted 26 September 2021 - 08:25

I just need to get a clean not-been-buried stool sample from the tortoise to them. Its now sitting in the fridge waiting - lovely!

Big relief!  Had awful visions of having to choose between a sick pet and a stranded child.   

Good luck with getting petrol. 

#23092 Hildegard

Hildegard

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2197 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 16:15

Aaaaargh ... Have just heard that COVAX - the organisation that I thought was founded to distribute Covid-19 vaccine to poor countries, actually distributes to every country, irrespective of how much vaccination each country has already purchased for itself. Thus. the UK - one of the principal donors to COVAX - has itself been allocated 500,000 shots from COVAX. Other high-income countries, such as Canada and New Zealand, have also benefitted from COVAX handouts. It is believed that the UK could have access to around 27 million vaccine doses through COVAX. It defies belief; it really does.

#23093 barry-clari the second

barry-clari the second

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Member: 900824

Posted 27 September 2021 - 18:42

Aaaaargh ... Have just heard that COVAX - the organisation that I thought was founded to distribute Covid-19 vaccine to poor countries, actually distributes to every country, irrespective of how much vaccination each country has already purchased for itself. Thus. the UK - one of the principal donors to COVAX - has itself been allocated 500,000 shots from COVAX. Other high-income countries, such as Canada and New Zealand, have also benefitted from COVAX handouts. It is believed that the UK could have access to around 27 million vaccine doses through COVAX. It defies belief; it really does.

Well, we can live in hope that maybe the UK will pass on said doses to countries that are desperately in need of them...

#FreeTheCorenfaOne

#23094 Hildegard

Hildegard

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2197 posts

Posted 28 September 2021 - 07:52

Well, we can live in hope that maybe the UK will pass on said doses to countries that are desperately in need of them...

Providing they haven't passed their "use by" date after all the to and fro. Apparently, the World Health Organisation has said that it is revising the distribution criteria for COVAX, but I can't help wondering who in their right mind could have thought it sensible to send donated vaccines back to countries that don't need them. Only Geneva-based bureaucrats, I suspect.

#23095 Rach123

Rach123

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1009 posts
  • Member: 244658
  • Colchester, Essex

Posted 29 September 2021 - 22:18

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!

I'm very very stressed out at the moment and having panic attacks. It may be self-diagnosed but I really hate anxiety.

Thanks to the fact I've had a stuffy cold this week which thankfully i'm almost at the end of. I have to LFT tomorrow for the first time since the pandemic begun and I am dreading it.

I really really don't want to do it (too many reasons to explain why) but I've found out that If i want to do the one thing that is my social life (band rehearsal) friday night, that I have to prove that i'm negative for a certain word that I don't want to say because I hate that it exists

I just don't get (apart from that it apparently protects others from being expoxed) why I have to take the test to do the thing that I actually want to do

#23096 Tenor Viol

Tenor Viol

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts
  • Member: 343214
  • North Shropshire

Posted 30 September 2021 - 15:47

Sigh.... had a slow puncture, which has been fixed, but need 4 new tyres... as they're 20" wheels, it's £ouch

#23097 Rach123

Rach123

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1009 posts
  • Member: 244658
  • Colchester, Essex

Posted 30 September 2021 - 23:44

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!

I'm very very stressed out at the moment and having panic attacks. It may be self-diagnosed but I really hate anxiety.

Thanks to the fact I've had a stuffy cold this week which thankfully i'm almost at the end of. I have to LFT tomorrow for the first time since the pandemic begun and I am dreading it.

I really really don't want to do it (too many reasons to explain why) but I've found out that If i want to do the one thing that is my social life (band rehearsal) friday night, that I have to prove that i'm negative for a certain word that I don't want to say because I hate that it exists

I just don't get (apart from that it apparently protects others from being expoxed) why I have to take the test to do the thing that I actually want to do

as my post in the happy thread explains, I did the test and hated every minute of it.

#23098 Gordon Shumway

Gordon Shumway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • Member: 899488
  • London SE5

Posted 01 October 2021 - 05:11

Had half a salmon fillet last night. Awake since 3.30 with indigestion.

I'm not looking forward to the other half tonight.

#23099 Norway

Norway

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5731 posts
  • Member: 452922

Posted 01 October 2021 - 11:18

Still no fuel round here and it's not even in the BBC news! :angry:

#23100 zwhe

zwhe

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1065 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 13:37

Spam parcel texts! I've had three this week. They aren't very clever either - one was from the post office who called when I was out on Sunday morning...

I've forwarded them all to the fraud text people (not sure what they're actually called!) but I doubt it will stop the onslaught.