#20131 Splog

Splog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3343 posts
  • Member: 460379

Posted 27 September 2019 - 22:14

Does anyone know who is moderating this forum now please? I need to contact them about an access problem.

#20132 Gran'piano

Gran'piano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Member: 899443

Posted 27 September 2019 - 22:21

Probably your best bet is TomABRSM. He was online yesterday afternoon.

#20133 Tenor Viol

Tenor Viol

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6192 posts
  • Member: 343214
  • North Shropshire

Posted 28 September 2019 - 09:40

I have changed cars this week. It was all a little rushed and not entirely planned... so I had to find the spare key to the old car. Now usually this sits in a pretty little ceramic dish on the hall table. Of course it wasn't there. So cue roughly three hours of me tearing the house apart. To help set the context, I am recovering from a torn Achilles' tendon, so I have significant mobility issues and have done since the end of July. I am wearing a large orthopaedic boot until end of October at least. This also means that housework is at the utterly minimalist level, so there are a lot of papers and things which need sorting. I went through everything, knowing that I had used the key in the recent past, but couldn't remember exactly when...

I went through the lounge, the hall, the music room, the study, the kitchen, bedrooms 1, 2 and 4 (there's nowhere for it to hide in 3). I went through every coat pocket. Eventually, I sat on my bed and started to pull pairs of trousers out of the wardrobe and go through the pockets...

After a while, I thought: "Pockets... jackets...". So I went into bedroom 2 and started to go through my suit and jacket pockets. Found it in jacket number 4...

I haven't worn a jacket since July because of my leg. So, using key 'recently' was in fact at least 3 months ago... 

#20134 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2813 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted 28 September 2019 - 11:35

That would have been me, TV. Well done for finding it.

We have a concert tonight. We're wearing the 'thick' black tights. I have looked at my chorus tights and have no idea if they are the thick or the thin. I've decided that if they're the thin ones I'll just wear two pairs! I can't face searching the house for the others, especially as it'll probably turn it that I had the right ones in the first place!

#20135 Misterioso

Misterioso

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5958 posts
  • Member: 13351
  • Outer Hebrides

Posted 28 September 2019 - 18:30

Can today actually get any worse?

It's the beginning of SAD season.

I nearly had an accident in the car today (cognitive functioning definitely not fuctioning).

Just heard that the Associated Board won't do an autumn exam session here due to insufficient entries and will transfer the existing entries to the nearest public centre....um, so that would be Inverness, compounding the already outrageously high exam fees with ferry fares and possibly overnight stays. 

:headdesk:

#20136 mel2

mel2

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4905 posts
  • Member: 6928
  • East Yorkshire

Posted 28 September 2019 - 19:56

My aargh was actually yesterday, but I shall file it for the record.
My appeal against a parking ticket was rejected. OH paid it so as to incur only the £25 charge rather than £50, but it still rankles.
Fine was issued 2hrs into the 4hr period paid for; ticket clearly displayed on dashboard, car neatly positioned between white lines of parking bay.
The offence was being in the long-stay area instead of the medium-stay. The £4.60 fee being identical for either area. (It was the only vacant space left).
B.l.a.s.t all council carparks!

#20137 Splog

Splog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3343 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 20:12

I nearly had an accident in the car today (cognitive functioning definitely not fuctioning).

Just heard that the Associated Board won't do an autumn exam session here due to insufficient entries and will transfer the existing entries to the nearest public centre....um, so that would be Inverness, compounding the already outrageously high exam fees with ferry fares and possibly overnight stays. 

Would it be worth asking them to run the session there if you all club together and pay the examiner's expenses? Should work out cheaper than travel to Inverness surely.

#20138 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7811 posts
  • Member: 10531

Posted 28 September 2019 - 20:38

Very sorry to hear that Misterioso.  tI think the ABRSM have got some of their priorities quite wrong. Thank goodness you only nearly had an accident.  But that sort of thing does shake one, doesn't it? Hope things will  soon look up. Splog's idea seems like a good one but it might set a precedent for having to subsidize the AB!

#20139 Banjogirl

Banjogirl

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2813 posts
  • Member: 39509

Posted 29 September 2019 - 11:12

I keep getting that stupid captcha thing and then my posts never appear. What's going on?!

Ed: didn't happen on this one though!

#20140 Norway

Norway

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4610 posts
  • Member: 452922

Posted 29 September 2019 - 11:14

My personal messaging isn't working either.

#20141 maggiemay

maggiemay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19929 posts
  • Member: 413
  • S E England

Posted 29 September 2019 - 14:02

Poor show really - I do think they might have told you before the closing date rather than after .............. :-(
I mean, you would think they had some idea in the run up.

Surely, with late information, your students ought to have the option of a refund as the alternative is so far?

Very glad though that the car incident was no worse.

#20142 Splog

Splog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3343 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 05:30

I keep getting that stupid captcha thing and then my posts never appear. What's going on?!

Ed: didn't happen on this one though!

I thought perhaps it was because I hadn't posted for a few months. Waiting to hear from Tom so hopefully will be sorted soon.

#20143 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17643 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted 01 October 2019 - 14:16

Aaagh  iPhone  has stopped ringing (on an incoming call)and alerting (on incoming text/email. It vibrates but no sound. Have checked everything I can think of. Any ideas ?

#20144 Dr. Rogers

Dr. Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Member: 898997

Posted 01 October 2019 - 14:23

Aaagh  iPhone  has stopped ringing (on an incoming call)and alerting (on incoming text/email. It vibrates but no sound. Have checked everything I can think of. Any ideas ?

Plenty of advice for an iPhone:

• Sledgehammer
  • Steamroller
  • Acid Bath
  • Target practice for projectile weapon of choice
  • Drop from a high cliff (make sure nobody is below)
  • Deep water submersion (the Marianas Trench will do nicely)
  • Thermonuclear Detonation

#20145 hummingbird

hummingbird

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1897 posts
  • Member: 491056

Posted 01 October 2019 - 14:50

This is what Apple recommends:

https://support.appl.../en-gb/HT203794

I contacted Apple Support for some advice recently, and against all expectations, they were actually super-helpful.