Photo

What is it that you get out of harp rental (first harp)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 RoseRodent

RoseRodent

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3003 posts
  • Member: 76503
  • Scotland

Posted 14 April 2013 - 17:13

QUOTE(Pickle @ Apr 14 2013, 10:04 AM) View Post
QUOTE(RoseRodent @ Apr 11 2013, 10:36 PM) View Post

The carbon fibre Delight is probably the way forward, though. I hate its picture but I liked it in person. Might investgiate going to the US to bring one back myself, as the difference in US and UK pricing is a further ?1,770 even after adding VAT!! I think I could get a return ticket and adequate packaging AND excess baggage charges and still not spend as much as ?1,770 fetching it, which puts that one back on the table again.

I investigated buying the Infinity in the US and shipping it back myself. I found I would only be saving a few hundred pounds after paying import duty, shipping and then they charge you VAT on the total. Painfully expensive!

I don't know if it happens to be a favourable exchange rate at the moment but I definitely have a significant gap even importing direct to the UK. My master plan, however, is to import it to Luxembourg and pay the duty and import VAT there, then import it from Lux to the UK as in intra-EU transit. Luxembourg has 15% VAT so it gets used for that purpose quite a lot.

#17 Chievy

Chievy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Member: 763081

Posted 25 July 2013 - 23:21

I hope, you will come to the correct decision.

#18 Masanta

Masanta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Member: 33729

Posted 22 July 2014 - 20:06

Can you buy a cardboard harp in the uk? I've just been googling and can't seem to find anywhere. My daughter has just started playing but one of those would be great to take to grandma/school etc!

#19 erard

erard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Member: 716

Posted 22 July 2014 - 22:13

Try: http://joatservices.co.uk/index3.asp

Teifi may be worth asking about second hand ones too, as they used to make one.