maggiemay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20455 posts
  • Member: 413
  • S E England

Posted 19 June 2021 - 18:56

Goodness me, Misterioso - that sounds truly dreadful. So sorry to hear - I do hope whatever it is / was is on the way out now. 

#22547 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15108 posts
  • Member: 99
  • Croydon, South London/Surrey

Posted 19 June 2021 - 20:10

Why do some people have to be so unkind?

Having taken an enormous risk to put my paws back into the PAYE world, I have now suffered a major reality slap - one so sharp that I remember why I got out of it before.

It's not the job, which is brilliant, but I can't work with people who have ground me down, down and further down leaving me no choice but to leave and hope that somehow I can inject new life back into what's left of my self-employed business.

Of course, if I were a permanent employee this would be constructive dismissal, but as a lowly temp I have virtually no rights whatsoever.

This Bag is rock bottom.

x

As Norway said, it's not the job but the people :(

This really, REALLY sucks - to make major changes in order to do a job one loves and then to be p**ed upon from a great height is just the absolute pits :(.

One of our Phoenix team said the other day, 'We just need to be KIND in our teaching' (and in everything).  It sounds so simple, doesn't it?   But far, far too many people just don't seem capable of it.

And I want to know why.

:(

#22548 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15108 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 20:12

Three horrible, miserable ghastly days. I was admitted to hospital on Thursday night in intense pain, and have been there since on morphine and having tests until around an hour ago when I was very relieved to be allowed home. The whole experience was an absolute nightmare, and I have to go back briefly in a few days for more tests. :sick:

:( :( :(

:thereThere:

#22549 BadStrad

BadStrad

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4554 posts
  • Member: 88756

Posted 19 June 2021 - 21:18

Of course, if I were a permanent employee this would be constructive dismissal, but as a lowly temp I have virtually no rights whatsoever

Were you on a fixed term contract? It says on the website linked to:-
"Employers must not treat workers on fixed-term contracts less favourably than permanent employees doing the same or largely the same job..."

https://www.gov.uk/f...mployees-rights

And as such are protected against unfair dismissal
https://www.gov.uk/e...status/employee

Which seems to be lumped in with cinstructive dismissal
https://www.gov.uk/d...ctive-dismissal

Perhaps worth following up?

Hopefully you can get things sorted.

#22550 Bagpuss

Bagpuss

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3433 posts
  • Member: 371

Posted 20 June 2021 - 03:32

I am not employed directly but via a third party recruiting agency. The problem doesn't lie with them at all.

Too exhausted to even think atm.

BP

#22551 AdLibitum

AdLibitum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Member: 900040

Posted 20 June 2021 - 07:54

Three horrible, miserable ghastly days. I was admitted to hospital on Thursday night in intense pain, and have been there since on morphine and having tests until around an hour ago when I was very relieved to be allowed home. The whole experience was an absolute nightmare, and I have to go back briefly in a few days for more tests. :sick:

How awful! Wishing you a quick recovery.

#22552 Zixi

Zixi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • Member: 895683

Posted 20 June 2021 - 09:34

@Misterioso - I do hope you're feeling a bit better now! It must be a relief to be home. Very best wishes for a speedy resolution!

@Bagpuss - Some people are very silly and very selfish. It's particularly hard to deal with nastiness when you're tired so I do hope you've got some rest.

#22553 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6916 posts
  • Member: 3747
  • Suburbia

Posted 20 June 2021 - 09:51

:grouphug:  to both Misterioso and Bagpuss. I hope everything resolves itself in the coming few days. (Not good English this time on a Sunday morning  :wacko: )

#22554 Tenor Viol

Tenor Viol

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7040 posts
  • Member: 343214
  • North Shropshire

Posted 20 June 2021 - 15:22

Why do some people have to be so unkind?

Having taken an enormous risk to put my paws back into the PAYE world, I have now suffered a major reality slap - one so sharp that I remember why I got out of it before.

It's not the job, which is brilliant, but I can't work with people who have ground me down, down and further down leaving me no choice but to leave and hope that somehow I can inject new life back into what's left of my self-employed business.

Of course, if I were a permanent employee this would be constructive dismissal, but as a lowly temp I have virtually no rights whatsoever.

This Bag is rock bottom.

x

As Norway said, it's not the job but the people :(

This really, REALLY sucks - to make major changes in order to do a job one loves and then to be p**ed upon from a great height is just the absolute pits :(.

One of our Phoenix team said the other day, 'We just need to be KIND in our teaching' (and in everything).  It sounds so simple, doesn't it?   But far, far too many people just don't seem capable of it.

And I want to know why.

:(

Sadly, I know this all too well. I have had very recent experience of this too and it's left me in a low place. 

#22555 BadStrad

BadStrad

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4554 posts
  • Member: 88756

Posted 20 June 2021 - 15:40

I am not employed directly but via a third party recruiting agency. The problem doesn't lie with them at all.

Too exhausted to even think atm.

BP

Darn - so classed as a worker not an employee?

Like you and TV and (I have no doubt) many others I've worked for/with people like that too.  It is always painful to be driven out of a job you otherwise love - as TV says - it leaves you in a low place.

#22556 Tenor Viol

Tenor Viol

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7040 posts
  • Member: 343214
  • North Shropshire

Posted 20 June 2021 - 19:32

I'm rapidly losing interest in being involved with groups of any sort. Too many are exclusive, full of cliques, and petty bullying of those that some deem to 'not fit' whatever their idea of who should be 'in' is. I'm too old to put up with it, but I resent that it's me that ends up suffering and not the perpetrators. 

#22557 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15108 posts

Posted 20 June 2021 - 21:19

I think the planets are in bad alignment right now.

:(  :(  :(

#22558 dorfmouse

dorfmouse

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1754 posts
  • Member: 1946
  • Germany

Posted 23 June 2021 - 01:53

Have just become sadly aware of the existence of the OBON Anthem.

#22559 Aquarelle

Aquarelle

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8624 posts
  • Member: 10531

Posted 23 June 2021 - 06:38

I didn't know what it was dorfmouse so I looked it up. I am totally confused.

#22560 maggiemay

maggiemay

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20455 posts
  • Member: 413
  • S E England

Posted 23 June 2021 - 07:29

I hadn’t heard of it until this morning. Thanks to Dorfmouse for the - erm - warning! 

Didn’t make it to the end.