Hedgehog

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6582 posts
  • Member: 3747
  • Suburbia

Posted 25 July 2019 - 16:27

G2 Trinity came out with a distinction so we were both very pleased. Still waiting for G1 AB, and have added G7 Trinity to that - fingers crossed - this time last week he was in China on work experience. ninja.gif  It was only by searching carefully that I found an exam place and time he could do - he's off with school choir next week!

Just 2 more to take their exams on Sunday and then it will be just a matter of waiting for results.

G1 AB managed a really good merit, so he was happy, and I've had the Sunday Trinity results (G6 distinction ohmy.png  and G3 merit).  Suspect the examiner was a little generous to G6 which is not helpful moving forward but hey ho.  Good results nevertheless.

The Friday Trinity exam (an online centre - my first experience) results haven't come through yet. For anyone with experience of online Trinity - is this usual? Just a bit concerned as our post isn't 100% accurate and sometimes ends up in the letterbox of a house with the same name as us, but in a different road on the same postal round. ninja.gif

Congratulations to everyone whose exam results have come through - some really good ones! And commiserations to Fionamck - that sounds a very bad situation and really shouldn't have happened.  Absolutely warrants a strong email.

Finally finally G7 Trinity result is in - and a very safe pass!  Hooray as the pupil had been doing all sorts of Y12 things in the run up to the exam.

Hope everyone has a good summer. sun.gif sun.gif

#62 Catey

Catey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Member: 71060

Posted 06 August 2019 - 16:13

Anyone still waiting for results from 18th July? I had 5 take exams the week before and had their results exactly 2 weeks later. The final one is still outstanding. Wondering if it is to do with them being on different days although can't recall this happening before with split candidates.

#63 Latin pianist

Latin pianist

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3761 posts
  • Member: 711500
  • Cotswolds

Posted 06 August 2019 - 16:25

I'm waiting for one from July 20th. It was a Special Visit and usually the results come quickly.

#64 Catey

Catey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Member: 71060

Posted 06 August 2019 - 20:48

Thanks Latin pianist, that's helpful.

#65 Latin pianist

Latin pianist

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3761 posts
  • Member: 711500
  • Cotswolds

Posted 08 August 2019 - 16:36

Just got my adult student's grade 2 result, 116. She assured me she'd failed so it was a relief. When she was a child she'd failed grade 1 so this meant a lot to her.

#66 Hildegard

Hildegard

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts
  • Member: 887389

Posted 13 August 2019 - 16:49

Anyone still waiting for results from 18th July? I had 5 take exams the week before and had their results exactly 2 weeks later. The final one is still outstanding. Wondering if it is to do with them being on different days although can't recall this happening before with split candidates.

I imagine that the final results are now in, but there are two reasons why they could have been delayed. Examiners working for the full six-day week have to post their results in two batches, one after the first three days and the other after the last three days. So results on different days may not arrive at the board together. The other reason for delay is that the examiner may have made an error on the marksheet, which then has to go back to said examiner for rewriting (and if the examiner is on holiday or on another tour, this can take some time).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: exams