#23041 Hildegard

Hildegard

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2195 posts
  • Member: 887389

Posted 18 September 2021 - 07:59

Hildegard, I think you have misunderstood or misinterpreted my meaning. It is not the fact that America is refusing entry, it is the amount of paperwork that is needed to be allowed to enter on compassionate grounds.

Ah, I thought that you have not yet been granted entry when you said that you are "trying to get an exemption". If you have been allowed entry and are just facing heaps of paperwork, that would indeed seem to be unnecessary and frustrating bureacracy.

I'm busy trying to work out if the UK are scrapping Day 8 tests for visitors from the USA as I, too, have American family who want to visit next month. At present the easing of travel restrictions is far from clear.

#23042 Cyrilla

Cyrilla

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15177 posts
  • Member: 99
  • Croydon, South London/Surrey

Posted 19 September 2021 - 22:11

:(  :(  :(  :(  :(

#23043 barry-clari the second

barry-clari the second

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Member: 900824

Posted 20 September 2021 - 05:47

Your periodic reminder that despite the efforts of many people, corenfa is still not permitted to post here.

What in heaven’s name is keeping you from validating corenfa’s new account, moderating team?

:angry:

#FreeTheCorenfaOne

#23044 Tenor Viol

Tenor Viol

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7158 posts
  • Member: 343214
  • North Shropshire

Posted 20 September 2021 - 05:49

Your periodic reminder that despite the efforts of many people, corenfa is still not permitted to post here.

What in heaven’s name is keeping you from validating corenfa’s new account, moderating team?

#FreeTheCorenfaOne

Incompetence springs to mind

#23045 barry-clari the second

barry-clari the second

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 05:55

#FreeTheCorenfaOne

Incompetence springs to mind

They are getting a nice message on Facebook Messenger today.
By ‘nice’ I mean ‘not particularly nice’.

#FreeTheCorenfaOne

#23046 Crock

Crock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Member: 288071
  • South West

Posted 20 September 2021 - 08:54

There seems to be no interest from ABRSM in this forum.

I rarely look at the ABRSM home page.  I've just done so and there's no link any more to this forum from the top of that page.  I did find a link to the forum - right at the bottom of the page below "Pension Scheme Implementation Statement."

#23047 HelenVJ

HelenVJ

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2430 posts
  • Member: 1265
  • South-East London ( OK - Penge)

Posted 20 September 2021 - 09:10

I rarely look at the ABRSM home page.  I've just done so and there's no link any more to this forum from the top of that page.  I did find a link to the forum - right at the bottom of the page below "Pension Scheme Implementation Statement."

No, they don't seem to come here often! 

#23048 Hildegard

Hildegard

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2195 posts
  • Member: 887389

Posted 20 September 2021 - 09:18

It wouldn't surprise me if that is a precursor to removing the forum. Something similar happened to the Times Education Forum earlier this year - a forum for teachers of all subjects and much larger than this forum. The TES forum was supposedly "under maintenance" for several weeks and then it just disappeared, losing a wealth of knowledge in the mllions of messages that were just deleted. Several people tried to get access to the archive so they could secure their own posts but were told that all content had been erased on the 18th January this year.

#23049 fsharpminor

fsharpminor

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18982 posts
  • Member: 7089
  • Heswall, Wirral (originally Keighley, Yorks)

Posted 20 September 2021 - 09:30

Just been asked to play organ for a big funeral on Wednesday afternoon   (a long time church member). We have three organists on rota for Sundays, but the one due to play has been on a Duoro river cruise in Portugal and tested positive for Covid at the end of it, no symptoms. The only one on the boat  (not even his wife). He has to stay in a hotel room for 10 days, and his wife in a separate room. 

But I'll have fun on Sunday I'm playing for a special RAF service.   It will be The Dam Busters on the organ as Postlude !

#23050 barry-clari the second

barry-clari the second

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 11:49

It wouldn't surprise me if that is a precursor to removing the forum. Something similar happened to the Times Education Forum earlier this year - a forum for teachers of all subjects and much larger than this forum. The TES forum was supposedly "under maintenance" for several weeks and then it just disappeared, losing a wealth of knowledge in the mllions of messages that were just deleted. Several people tried to get access to the archive so they could secure their own posts but were told that all content had been erased on the 18th January this year.

Sadly, I agree : I don’t think the forum is much longer for this world.
I do own what is currently a blank Invision forum (the company that provides the software to run this place), which I’m happy to turn into a successor to here, but that will largely depend on me finding a music education company to hook it onto, in order to get more people to join and keep the place vibrant. Also you’d probably have to put up with me as a moderator, which might irritate a great many of you :lol:

#23051 Norway

Norway

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5730 posts
  • Member: 452922

Posted 20 September 2021 - 12:06

You'd be fab Barry! :)

#23052 dorfmouse

dorfmouse

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1812 posts
  • Member: 1946
  • Germany

Posted 20 September 2021 - 12:10

It wouldn't irritate me! And having been demoted to bc the second, you could perhaps reincarnate yourself as King Barry-Clari!
It would be such a shame if all the knowledge on this forum just disappeared.

#23053 Norway

Norway

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5730 posts
  • Member: 452922

Posted 20 September 2021 - 12:18

Just saying hello to Corenfa - we haven't forgotten you pet. Hang in there.

#23054 Tenor Viol

Tenor Viol

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7158 posts
  • Member: 343214
  • North Shropshire

Posted 20 September 2021 - 12:38

The Forum has been suffering for a number of years. A large part of that has been due to an overly laissez-faire approach to modding, which has at various points resulted in unnecessary issues getting out of hand.  

#23055 HelenVJ

HelenVJ

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2430 posts
  • Member: 1265
  • South-East London ( OK - Penge)

Posted 20 September 2021 - 13:42

@ barry -  was going to say that anyone would be better than what we have - but of course you would be absolutely brilliant. You have my vote  :woot: