#1 oldromola

oldromola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Member: 67427

Posted 26 May 2012 - 16:25

I have a rather reluctant 13 year old boy pupil who would love to be able to play and practise on a (good quality) digital piano. I recommended the Clavinova range to his mum but whilst the cost is not a problem the colour is. She doesn't want a dark one!

Any suggestions for something equivalent to a Clavinova but in white or cream?

Ah.....hang on a minute......I now believe Yamaha do the Clavinova in white. This must be a recent development methinks.

#2 Sunrise

Sunrise

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3434 posts
  • Member: 106844
  • Gibraltar

Posted 26 May 2012 - 16:55

Kawai do a light teak....

#3 [email protected]

[email protected]

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts
  • Member: 46163

Posted 26 May 2012 - 17:30

Yamaha in white :

http://www.chappello...-Piano-in-White

Roland in white

http://www.roland.co...85#.T8ESzsXeM_c

Kawai in white :

http://www.kawai.de/cn33_en.htm

#4 GMc

GMc

Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1076 posts
  • Member: 322722

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:08

Liberace met Elton John for us cos it was available and $400 cheaper to be a "white" Roland. It is sort of matt and not as bad as I first imagined from the internet. I wanted black despite the price difference but there were not any in the country so that was that. Now I have seen our white one in several houses I actually think that it looks better in most of them than my first choice black would have done. I was particularly taken with my mother's arrangement - she shoved it behind her modern leather sofa and used it as a table with the lid/stand down for a vase of good imitation flowers and a photo while no one was playing! It looked rather chic and modern!!

The worst colour I saw was a Kawai imitation wood. Nice touch, nice sound but it looked like a plastic toy. It was very reduced - no doubt cos of the plastic look. Salesmen said they always send the rubbish finishes to Australia to get rid of them and someone ends up taking them as nothing else available.

#5 corenfa

corenfa

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7257 posts
  • Member: 95861
  • Here

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:05

QUOTE(GMc @ May 27 2012, 10:08 AM) View Post

The worst colour I saw was a Kawai imitation wood. Nice touch, nice sound but it looked like a plastic toy. It was very reduced - no doubt cos of the plastic look.

I've got one laugh.gif "Very reduced" being the operative phrase here. I only cared that it felt and sounded good. But mine lives hidden away in a small room full of books, away from the public eye.

#6 oldromola

oldromola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Member: 67427

Posted 27 May 2012 - 14:32

Thank you all for your replies - the Kawai CN33 certainly deserves a closer look.

#7 Viledin4u

Viledin4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Member: 399652

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:59

QUOTE(oldromola @ May 27 2012, 03:32 PM) View Post

Thank you all for your replies - the Kawai CN33 certainly deserves a closer look.

we spent a long time researching entry level pianos and decided on the CN33. Liked the feel an sound of it, and not too many gadgets. Had about 6 months now and very pleased with it.