Wimbledon

• Please log in to reply
902 replies to this topic

#1 Guest: neil.clarinet_*

Guest: neil.clarinet_*
  • Guests
  • Member: 0

Posted 18 June 2005 - 17:37

It's that time of year again, the most famous and popular tennis show on earth. Who else is eagrely awaiting the beginning of Wimbledon this year? Will we see another Federer masterclass? Will Henman EVER win?(no chance in my books) And is there any hope in the British game beyond Tim.

No, you can not be serious! Yes, you can. tongue.gif

#2 Guest: sl123451_*

Guest: sl123451_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2005 - 17:40

im more looking forward to watching maria sharapova play...we all know federer will win the mens....but i want to see sharapova win...shes the best womens player at the moment!

#3 Guest: purple dolphin_*

Guest: purple dolphin_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2005 - 17:43

Did you see the program on her ealier? It was amazing to see how she lives now that she has won. It's a bit of a shame though because she is doing loads of advertising. I think the fame may go to her head.

#4 Guest: neil.clarinet_*

• Guests

Posted 18 June 2005 - 17:45

Yes, what happened to Henin though and that other Belgian. And what about the Williams sisters, definitely disappeared of late.

#5 Guest: sl123451_*

• Guests

Posted 18 June 2005 - 17:49

yeah its a shame. mind you, if you were in her position, would you refuse someone who said they would give you millions of pounds (or dollars!) just to pose. its not like shes doing it for playboy or anything.
Hopefully she will be focused on the tennis.

I think the best professional around is Roger Federer. Hes the only man to stay around as the undisputed best....hewitt lost it, so did roddick, but federer looks like as long as he stays fit he will be the best for a long time.

#6 Guest: saxlover_*

Guest: saxlover_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2005 - 17:54

Copying my TSR topic neil!!!

Henman won't win...Federer or Roddick will

Probably Sharapova in the women's

#7 Guest: neil.clarinet_*

• Guests

Posted 18 June 2005 - 17:56

No its just co-incidence Nat! Anyway, you know my feelings on tennis in general from that forum, but I do make an exeption for Wimbledon.

#8 Guest: sl123451_*

• Guests

Posted 18 June 2005 - 17:56

Henman is annoying aint he.....that ###### chant "come on tim" waste of energy because hes never won anything. he reminds me of david beckham, totally overrated.

#9 Guest: saxlover_*

• Guests

Posted 18 June 2005 - 18:01

QUOTE(neil.clarinet @ Jun 18 2005, 06:56 PM)
No its just co-incidence Nat!  Anyway, you know my feelings on tennis in general from that forum, but I do make an exeption for Wimbledon.

View Post

I do! I love tennis!

What do you think about Andy Murray -he's an upancoming talent?

#10 Guest: neil.clarinet_*

• Guests

Posted 18 June 2005 - 18:03

Ah yes, that guy from my country. Yes I think he will replace Henman as British number one. Less said about Rusedski though, the better, I think!

#11 Guest: saxlover_*

• Guests

Posted 18 June 2005 - 18:08

Yeah ...I think he could go far.. My head of music is bringing an aerial in next week so we can watch it on TV!!

#12 Guest: sl123451_*

• Guests

Posted 18 June 2005 - 18:13

QUOTE(clarinetlover @ Jun 18 2005, 06:08 PM)
Yeah ...I think he could go far.. My head of music is bringing an aerial in next week so we can watch it on TV!!

View Post

How lucky!!! what a nice head of music!

#13 Guest: nicki_flute_*

Guest: nicki_flute_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2005 - 19:03

Murray is good, I just hope his ankle is ok. But what happened to all the other "talent" like Bogdanovich? I remember him in particular because in year 9 I got to go to Wimbledon with the school and we saw him. The teachers told us to not accept any tickets if we got offered any as they could be fake, so when this couple offer my friend and I centre court tickets we turned them down *argh*. It was only after we told the teachers that they said outside Wimbledon itself. ARGH!

#14 Guest: elmo_*

Guest: elmo_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2005 - 19:27

I hate wimbledon! My brother, on the other hand, is a tennis fanatic and plays for about 8 hours a day in the holidays. So I will probably be watching it!

#15 Guest: saxlover_*

• Guests

Posted 18 June 2005 - 21:53

ohmy.gif Isobel ohmy.gif !!!

Well you can read Stravinsky for pure enjoyment whilst having tennis on in the background! tongue.gif