Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • Member: 5804
  • South East London

Posted 23 February 2011 - 17:48

QUOTE(smd @ Feb 23 2011, 05:46 PM) View Post

How did you manage a lesson on the way home? I hope you wern't in a quiet carridge on the train.

I suspect it was call in on clarinet/piano teacher on the way home. Though, Virgin Trains, if you are listening... laugh.gif

#347 sbhoa

sbhoa

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22946 posts
  • Member: 24
  • Tameside

Posted 23 February 2011 - 18:19

QUOTE(barry-clari @ Feb 23 2011, 05:48 PM) View Post

QUOTE(smd @ Feb 23 2011, 05:46 PM) View Post

How did you manage a lesson on the way home? I hope you wern't in a quiet carridge on the train.

I suspect it was call in on clarinet/piano teacher on the way home. Though, Virgin Trains, if you are listening... laugh.gif

Yes, though the other version might have been interesting. clarinet.gif
It was only clarinet lesson. Though both teachers are fairly close to one another geographically it would probably be a good half hour on foot.

smd, I was impressed with the way your playing has come on. smile.gif

#348 Andy-piano-flute

Andy-piano-flute

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2067 posts
  • Member: 3099
  • Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland

Posted 23 February 2011 - 19:00

QUOTE(JoannaB @ Feb 20 2011, 09:49 PM) View Post

I really enjoyed the day, was lovely to meet people. Thank you to maledictis for playing with me. It was really good to read all the lovely feedback as I always think the worst of my playing and it's made me more confident.

I'm going to echo JoannaB.........it was so lovely to read all the feedback & such a surprise too that there were such positive comments about my playing. smile.gif
I haven't had a flute lesson since last July, I haven't played my flute in front of an audience since last May, and there has been a long period of me wondering whether I should carry on sad.gif but the whole event has made me feel very much more positive. For the first time I actually felt in control of my flute playing and not only that but enjoyed the playing too. Strangely enough I think it was in part due to me playing the violin duet when I felt horribly unconfident & was unnerved by the ability of the bow to bounce as though it had a life of its own ph34r.gif In contrast when I picked up my flute I felt as though it was an old friend that I was totally comfortable with; I've never had that feeling before about it and it was very calming. I hope I can remember all the good & positive thoughts for next time. Many thanks to maledictis for accompanying me so well. I hope I get to another event before too long smile.gif

#349 Maizie

Maizie

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6728 posts
  • Member: 9360
  • Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire

Posted 23 February 2011 - 19:01

QUOTE(barry-clari @ Feb 23 2011, 05:48 PM) View Post
Though, Virgin Trains, if you are listening... laugh.gif
Yes, yes! A quiet carriage at one end, and a noisy carriage for massed-playing at the other biggrin.gif

#350 corenfa

corenfa

Virtuoso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6164 posts
  • Member: 95861
  • Here

Posted 23 February 2011 - 19:04

smd, sorry to hear you are still not fully well, I hope you feel better soon.

Can I just say that I am soooooooo impressed by all you people who play more than one instrument or play and sing... I have learnt more than one instrument but never had two on the go. Takes a lot of dedication and I don't think I could divide my energy that way.

#351 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • South East London

Posted 23 February 2011 - 19:12

QUOTE(corenfa @ Feb 23 2011, 07:04 PM) View Post

Can I just say that I am soooooooo impressed by all you people who play more than one instrument or play and sing... I have learnt more than one instrument but never had two on the go. Takes a lot of dedication and I don't think I could divide my energy that way.

aw smile.gif

I simply set out my stall as being a clarinettist who plays other things : that way my first instrument always gets the attention it deserves. smile.gif

#352 sbhoa

sbhoa

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22946 posts
  • Member: 24
  • Tameside

Posted 23 February 2011 - 19:19

QUOTE(barry-clari @ Feb 23 2011, 07:12 PM) View Post

aw smile.gif

I simply set out my stall as being a clarinettist who plays other things : that way my first instrument always gets the attention it deserves. smile.gif

I was a pianist who had a clarinet on a casual basis...... dry.gif

#353 barry-clari

barry-clari

Maestro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41740 posts
  • South East London

Posted 23 February 2011 - 19:26

QUOTE(sbhoa @ Feb 23 2011, 07:19 PM) View Post

QUOTE(barry-clari @ Feb 23 2011, 07:12 PM) View Post

aw smile.gif

I was a pianist who had a clarinet on a casual basis...... dry.gif

Which goes to show that things can change biggrin.gif